Chap 14 : Special day!

It's been 2 weeks since the meeting.

You woke up and lifted up your head. You saw a red and white box on your bed. You tilted your head. ' what is this? I don't remember this being on my bed? '
You got up and got dressed.
You went over to the box and opened it. You saw a white and brown dog plushie with a note.

You smiled with glee and picked up the dog. It was soft and cuddly and you loved it. You picked up the note and read it.

Hey silly! Happy birthday!
We're going to be gone for a while with more surprises so you can help yourself to the pantry.
Also if something's wrong call
****/***/*** it's my number.
- Sci-fi
You smiled at the note and put it on your pocket. You walked over to the kitchen with your new plush and saw (y/f/b) on the counter. You smiled with happiness and picked it up. You snacked on the food and sat on the couch in the Rec room. You drew and watched tv for a few hours. You heard a door unlock and jumped up. You hid under the couch. " (Y/n) ! We're- uhh kid? " you heard Sci-fi scream. " KID?! " you saw her run toward your room. You saw Scouts leg and tickled it.
" OH MY GOD WHAT WAS DAT?!?! " Scout screamed in the most girliest voice. " Scout, your such a baby! " you heard Sci-fi say. You touched her leg and giggled silently. " ¿QUÉ COÑO FUE ESO? " she screamed. " Ay! the lassies under the couch! " Demo said. you scooted to the other couch and hid under there.
" Ah-ha! What?! No she's not, Demo!! " Sci-fi screamed at him.
" BOO! " you screamed and jumped on her.
" AHHHHHH! " she said. " There she is! " Scout said. you giggled at Sci-fi. " Kid! you scared the crap out of me! " she said. you hugged her tight. " sorry.. " she patted your head and giggled. " it's okay. just don't do that again. okay? " you nodded and smiled. you got off of her and she got up too. " Little weirdo. " she said fixing her glasses. " I'm not a weirdo. " you said. She rolled her eyes and smiled. " Oh! We got you surprises! " she said, holding presents. She lifted you off the ground. You giggled and hugged her neck.
" Those are all for me? "
" No. " she said, jokingly.
You rolled your eyes and sat down in a chair.
" Hey kiddo! " you turned around and saw Scout coming towards you. You turned your body towards him. " Hi Scout! "
He walked over and sat in the chair next to you. " Here. Don't tell Sci-fi I got you this. Okay? " He said handing you a chocolate bar. You nodded and opened it slowly. You took a piece and gave it to Scout. You ate the chocolate bar and got up. " Where are you going? " Scout said. " Well..I don't know... just... TAG! " you said touching his arm. He smirked and chased after you everywhere. You hid in a box full of clothes and pillows and waited for him to find you. " Uhh kid? Where are you? " Scout said. " Oh! Marco! " He screamed. You fought the urge to say polo and waited more. " Uhh guys! I lost the kid! " Scout said running towards the Rec room where everyone was. " SCOUT YOU BOLSA DE MIERDA!! " Sci-fi screamed. " Sci-fi! Calm down! We can find her again! " Scout screamed back. Everyone looked everywhere for you and couldn't find you anywhere. You looked around the box and saw a ball. " SCOUT!! " You screamed. Scout came running over and saw nobody. You threw the ball at him and he fell.
" What the hell! " He said getting up. You giggled and looked at him. He heard your giggle and jumped up.
He slowly walked towards the box and reached for the lid. You saw a can of...BONK? You picked it up, shook it, and used all your might to open it.

FLOOSH!!

BONK! Splashed onto Scout and you jumped out the box. You ran as Scout wiped the BONK out of his eyes and nose. " HEY!! " Scout yelled, chasing after you. He grabbed you and put you on his shoulders. " Found her! " He screamed. You smelled the food from the kitchen and smiled. Scout put you down and you ran to the kitchen. You smelled all the food and giggled. " Ah! No touching! " Sci-fi said, coming in.
You giggled and ran out the room. You ran to your room and grabbed (f/p). You ran out with them in your arms and looked for Scout. Then you heard whines. Like dog whines. You walked to the big window and saw a dog! You smiled and ran to the back door. You opened in and the night sky shined in your eyes. You ran over to the dog and looked at him. He was laying down and shivering. You looked behind you making sure nobody saw you both and sat next to him. You held him in your hands and petted his big black head. He whimpered and sniffed your hand. " Chica! Come inside! It's to cold! " Sci-fi yelled from the door frame. She didn't see the dog in your hands and you put him in your jacket. You ran over to her and she raised a confused brow and shrugged it off. You walked to your room and put the dog on your bed and covered him in some towels. You kept him warm and he stopped crying. You smiled at the dog and walked out. You looked for the others and saw (f/f) on the table with the mercs eating. You sat down and smiled at the food. You dug in and loved it. After you were done eating, you ran to your room and looked at the dog. It was big and it's eyes were yellow. It had fur black as the night sky and it's tail was just a nub. You smiled at him and when he saw you, he wagged his tail and made a yip. " Shhhh! They're going to hear you! " You said putting a finger to your mouth. He sat down and looked around. " Ooh! How about I give you a name! Like...Nex! Yeah Nex. " You said. You petted Nex's head and chuckled. You picked him up and carried him to your bathroom. You got some pillow fluff and some towels and made him a makeshift bed. You set him down and he fell asleep. You smiled and turned around.
" What is dat? " Scout said, pointing to Nex. You slid Nex's bed to the side. " Nothing. " you said, quickly. Scout rolled his eyes and smiled. He walked to Nex's bed and picked him up. " Please don't tell the others. Please. " You said. " Why? " Scout said holding Nex in one hand. " I just... don't want them to get rid of him. " You said, rubbing your arm.
" I won't. But your going to need to hide him. If they find him, even Sci-fi, they'll flip. " Scout said, rubbing the back of his neck. You looked down at the floor and sighed. " Yeah.... " Scout petted Nex on the head and smiled. " He's kinda friendly too. " You smiled and picked up Nex. " Yeah. But He's cool too. " Nex sniffed the air and jumped out of your arms. He walked out the room. " Oh. Shit. " Scout and you said. You both ran out the room and followed Nex.
You swiftly grabbed Nex and set him in your arms. You and Scout sighed with relief and walked back to the room. You set Nex on his bed and he curled up in a ball and drifted to sleep. Scout ruffled your hair and chuckled. You fixed your hair and sat down on your bed. A knock came from out side the door. Sci-fi opened the door and stuck her head inside. " Hey it's time. " She said. " Hey why does it smell like dog? " she said. You and Scout looked at each other and he said, " Uhh, nothin of your business. " He said, pointing at Sci-fi. She rolled her eyes and waved you both over. You walked with her and went to the kitchen. Then you saw a (f/f) cake! " Im sorry if I ya don't like it- " " No it's okay! I love it ! " You said interrupting Engineer. Engineer sighed in relief and patted your head. You smiled at the cake. It was your birthday and you actually had people over. Wow. You never had people over before. You looked at the candles and blew them out.

Your new family loves you. Like the last one.

You ate cake and then it was time for presents! You giggled and climbed on a chair. First gift was from Scout. You opened the gift and looked inside. It was an actual skateboard! Your eyes glittered with stars when you saw it. You hugged it and your smile grew bigger. You put the skateboard on the floor and ran to Scout. " Thank you, thank you, thank you so much! " You said, hugging him. " No problem kiddo! " he said, hugging you back. You sat back in your chair and the next present was given to you. It was from Sci-fi. You opened the box she gave you and saw a gun. A real gun. You picked it up and put the box on the floor. You examined the gun and you were shocked. " Sci-fi! What the hell is that!? " Spy said, turning to her.
" A gun? Oh come on Spy, they're going to have to learn to use one! Even if those damn Blus come and try to pull some funny shit. "
She said, fixing her glasses. Spy rolled his eyes and gave her a ' your a dumbass ' look.
" Cool, huh kid? " She said. You looked up from the weapon and smiled. " Yeah! I never held a gun before. "  Sci-fi chuckled. " Maybe I could teach you how to use it. "
You put the gun carefully back in the box and the rest of the gifts were handed to you. Engi got you some drawing stuff, Heavy got you some books, Soldier got you a helmet just like his but it had your name engraved at the bottom, Spy got you some fancy clothes, Sniper got you some plushies and some boots, Pyro got you some more books and some plushies, Demo got you some candies and some cool beverages and Medic got you some bird plushies. ( I'm sorry I'm not the best at thinking ) You loved everything you had. You hugged everyone and they hugged you back.

You loved this family.

You never wanted to let them go.

Ever.