Chapter 13 - Soulbound?

Începe de la început

"..." She didn't want to be vulnerable like that, to admit what had happened, but at this point, it was obvious she had. She knew he was analyzing her reactions, which was unnerving, but that meant he knew she did. Not saying it would make her seem like she was hiding something. "... Yes. It was like a nightmare... But I was awake the whole time." Tears formed in the corner of her eyes without her permission and she quickly turned away, wiping them. She couldn't show weakness. She was Scarlet, she made people afraid, she didn't cry over small things.

Arms wrapped around her. She quickly switched to her sword, ready to attack whomever it was, before realizing it was Grian.

She was quite uncomfortable in his tight grasp, and that turned into annoyance in her voice. "What in the primal's name is this-" She snapped.

"A hug..?" Grian said softly. "Also- In the primal's name..?" He sounded quite concerned by her statement.

"Well... Yeah, there's beings besides the makers." She paused. "Isn't that common knowledge?"

"Heh... Totally..." He shifted uncomfortably, his wings flapping in the background.

"Geez, stop making such a big deal out of everything, everyone on the life server called it that." She rolled her eyes.

"Circles." He cursed, letting go of the embrace. He began pacing once more.

It was times like this that she wished she could read minds. These people were so cryptic. Double life was easier. You knew everyone was out for blood, and would kill you, so you knew who you could trust, yourself, no one else. No one else to rely on, everyone would stab you in the back.

A groan came from the bed, shaking her out of her thoughts, and Grian turned to face it. "Moon-" He whispered, walking over. "Are you okay?"

"A bit rough-" Pearl appeared to have awoken, and gave a tired smile. "You put a sleep-"

"Yeah I HIT YOU OVER THE HEAD WITH AN AXE. That's what happened." He said pointedly, glancing at Scarlet.

More lies. The two of them weren't very subtle, which made her wonder, how the heck had their secrets not been discovered yet? Either the server didn't care, or were incredibly gullible, or both. Likely both. Which would be helpful to her... If they didn't care, she could disappear without some idiot starting a whole search party and it becoming a huge deal.

She could be free again, rely on herself and her wolves. Make a new tower, live alone in the forests. She could hunt with them for food, and live off the land. A voice sounded, shaking her out of her plans.

"Oh... that explains the bruise." Pearl groaned, a slightly better lie than her friend, but still almost unnaturally bad. "Why's Scarlet here?"

"Ask her, not me." He shrugged. Scarlet took this as a sign to step forwards.

"Okay then." Pearl sighed. "Scarlet, why are you here?"

She didn't want to answer, she shouldn't answer... But her mouth moved without her permission, as if it trusted this stranger more than her mind did.

"The soulbound." She said, and made it appear, twisting it around her finger. "It's leading to you." She followed it with her eyes, as it went straight into Pearl's chest, around about where their heart was located within it. "It should have vanished, with the lives... but..."

Suddenly, a stabbing pain went through her skull. She clutched her head. For primals sake, for all the times to have a headache, now? But it didn't feel like a normal headache... In fact, she fell to her knees from the agony. The floor seemed to swim under her feet, making her feel nauseous as well, only adding to her issues...