ೃ⁀➷ xix. ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

————————————

————————————

"WELCOME BACK, Sir Nicholas," The nearly headless ghost floated down the grand hall with a smile on his features, greeting all the students who returned from petrification. Ron and Harry were sitting with Neville, who was asking about what happened to Ron's cousin from Sweden, Tinella. Ron had to explain that it was all just a cover up, but he still had so many questions.

A smile appeared on Neville's face when he spotted a familiar Gryffindor walk towards the grand hall doors, being greeted by Nearly Headless Nick.

"Harry, it's Hermione!" Neville exclaimed.

Harry and Hermione both looked towards the door, having to lean back to get a better view. Their smiles grew wider once they saw her running over to them. They both stood up to embrace her in a hug, but Ron only gave a handshake and an awkward nod, Hermione copying his actions.

"Harry, Ron! Where's ( Y/N )?" She looked down at the Gryffindor table with a hopeful smile, but wasn't there. She assumed she must've gone back to the Weasley's like they planned, but that wasn't it.

"Well..." Ron glanced at Harry.

Hermione frowned. "Oh, I'm sorry, Harry."

She watched as Harry shrugged, and decided to change the subject. Hermione was going to miss ( Y/N ). She was like a sister to her, the best one she could have.

"Congratulations, I can't believe you solved it,"

"Well, we had loads of help from you," Harry smiled lightly. "We couldn't have done it without you."

"Thanks."

Mcgonagall tapped on her glass with a spoon, gaining the attention of the others below. "Could I have your attention, please?"

The trio sat down, saving an empty spot for ( Y/N ) to make it feel like she was there. Harry stared at the seat, picturing her there next to Hermione like when she did at Christmas.

"Before we begin the feast, let us have have a round of applause for Professor Sprout, Madam Promfey, whose Mandrake juice has been so successfully administered to all who had been petrified," Promfey and Sprout looks down in their seats, their cheeks flushing red from the clapping.

"Also, in light of recent events, as a school treat all exams have been cancelled." Everyone in the grand hall cheered, well, except for Hermione.

"Oh, no," Hermione mouthed.

The clapping stopped when the doors to the grand hall opened, revealing a familiar half giant. Hagrid looked around the room, but was a little awkward since he was late. Everyone stopped and turned to him, and Dumbledore rose a little from his seat to get a closer look.

"Sorry I'm late," Hagrid cleared his throat and walked through the hall. "The owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused."

"Some ruddy bird called Errol,"

Ron looked down, signing. Dumbledore looked down at the trio with a smirk. Harry, Hermione and Ron all had bright smiles on their faces one Hagrid came up to them.

"And I'd just like to say that, uh, if it hadn't been for you, Harry and Ron and Hermione, of course..."

"I would, uh, I'd still be you-know-where," Hagrid smiled. "So, I'd just like to say thanks."

Harry stood up. "It's not Hogwarts without you, Hagrid.

Hagrid's check flushed red, and Harry embraced him in a hug. Dumbledore and Mcgonagall were the first to applaud him, followed by the other students and professors. Draco had to stop Crabbe before he could cheer Hagrid on.

Hagrid noticed that someone familiar wasn't there. "Ron, where's 'yer cousin?"

Bright smiles appeared on Ron and Hermione's features, trying to hold in a laugh as Harry squinted his eyes at them, not understand what got them so excited.