ೃ⁀➷x. ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ sɴᴀᴋᴇs

———————————

———————————

THERE WAS A large platform lined up in the middle of the Grand Hall with a sheet covered over it and a small staircase to walk up onto it. Students filled the hall, chatting amongst themselves and waiting for Lockhart to join them for whatever he had planned with this.

Everyone focused their attention to Professor Lockhart once he stepped upon the platform, strutting with a robe on and his wand in his hand.

"Gather round!" He walked up further so everyone could see him. "Can everybody see me? Can you all hear me?"

"Excellent," Lockhart muttered.

Lockhart turned around to walk in the other direction. "In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions."

"For full details, see my published works," He took off his robe and threw it to a few of the girls on the other side of the room. They gasped as they tried catching his robe, but one girl managed to get it before them.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," Snape slowly stepped up to the platform.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration," Lockhart continued. "Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him."

"Never fear," Lockhart and Snape headed towards each other. Snape quickly placed his wand in front of his face and so did Lockhart before both bowing to each other.

They went their separate way and turned back around, aiming their wands at each other to get ready for casting their spells. Professor Lockhart began counting down by three to get ready, but Snape took this opportunity to quickly fire a shot at Lockhart.

"Expelliarmus!" He threw Lockhart to the other side of the platform, and he fell right on his back.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione questioned.

"Who cares?" Ron scoffed as him, ( Y/N ) and Harry smiled at the sight of it.

"An excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind me saying it was pretty obvious, uh, what you were about to do," Lockhart scoffed, heading towards Snape again. "And if I had wanted to stop you, it would've been only too easy."

"Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor," Snape suggested.

Professor Lockhart sighed. "An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Well, let's have a volunteer pair."