Chapter 14

The portal deposited Darcy in a rundown neighborhood way out in the middle of nowhere. Right in front of her was what looked like an old church but judging from the boarded up windows, it was long abandoned.

"Well, here we go." She said, pushing the door open.

Inside, it was clear the place had once been a church. There was still a cross but the altar had been removed and in its place there stood a faceless figure of a man painted red. She took a step forward and the figure twitched. More faceless figures entered the single circle of light cast by a crack in the roof. Slowly, features formed on their faces, young girls and boys all grinning like crazy.

"Hey bi*ch," one of them called. Her classmates, all jeering at her, calling her names. But this time Darcy was ready. Morpheus was using her fears to taunt her. This was her fear of seclusion, of having no friends and being hated by all.

"Hi losers," she called back. That seemed to irritate them.

"Shut up, you fat wh*re!" shouted one of the popular kids, a hot blonde who never so much as noticed Darcy.

"Why, you flatter me, Chrissy." Darcy replied, smiling with mock sweetness. "But I gotta say, you've put on weight."

"What?" Chrissy was outraged. "How dare you!?"

"Get the hell out of here," Said a new voice.

"Hi, Mark." She said, addressing her old crush. "You know, I really liked you once. Too bad you're gay."

"Shut up!" He growled.

"Oh come on," Darcy rolled her eyes. "Come out already. We all know anyway. And the rest of you losers..." she glared at them, one at a time.

"F*** you too!"

With one final howl, her classmates disappeared without a trace.

"You!" A woman shrieked. Darcy turned around and faced her mother.

"Hello mom," She said. Second fear, She noted. Fear that she was responsible for her parents' deaths.

"You filthy little..." Her mother began.

"Oh shut up already," Darcy snapped. She grabbed her mother by the shoulders.

"I didn't kill you, mom." She said. "But I know who did, and I'm going to rip his head off."

Her mother disappeared with a puff of dust. No there was just one fear left. He was waiting for her at the top of the altar.

"Hello, darling." The Devil grinned. "Come to play?" Fear of defeat.

"You wanna play?" She said through gritted teeth. "Let's play."

"Ah you see there's just one problem, sunshine." He said. "I'm not like those projections you were fighting just now. I'm real."

"That's okay," Darcy replied. "So is my sword."

Loyal subjects, your king has returned! I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post frequently. I'l try to be more regular but I can't make any promises. I hope you like the story so far. Please let me know in the comments if you have any suggestions.

Also tell me who is your 1) Favorite character 2) Least Favorite character and 3) Which character you would like to know more about.

If you have any questions, Do let me know as well.

Till next time,

Your lord and king (Author)