The Road So Far...

No this isn't a new chapter. Yes I am going to let that cliffhanger simmer there for a while 😉
So while I decide wether or not Morpheus murders Darcy in cold blood, let's have a quick look at the characters and the road so far.

Darcy Jones: The teenage heroine of the story (because every novel has one). She is the one prophesied to save the world, though she has no idea how she's gonna do it (yes I know that's the same story as every teen lit ever written). She's not entirely human. In the coming chapters, we will find out what exactly she is.
Morpheus : The ancient and powerful Lord of dreams. Supreme master of the dream world and also possible love interest of Darcy Jones. He's now a mindless monster under the control of the Devil. I'm not gonna tell you if he stays that way or not ( he might not).
Mortmalus a.k.a. The Devil: Demonic Lord of a hell realm. Total evil badass, murderer, liar and attempted rapist. Has an obsession with Darcy and her rice bits. He has now completed an infernal ritual which has given him a) an army of human slaves. b) God-like powers and c) Morpheus as his mindless henchman.
Michael: An extremely powerful (and according to Darcy, hot) young warlock. A mysterious immortal with near limitless powers. He employs an army of minions called Inkbloods. He doesn't live with his mother, she lives with him.
Inkbloods: Weird and cute little inter dimensional gremlins. Magical creatures with unique powers, they work quite happily for Michael, the only one who understands their language ( yes I know. Just like Despicable Me) unlike the minions from Despicable me, Inkies are highly intelligent and have a number of hidden and useful attributes. They also cook a mean pot roast.

Okay, I think that covers all the extremely important characters. Our story will continue with the next update which I will post tomorrow (unless something unexpected comes up). And so, as the time draws near to sunrise on the 31st of December, one day before Darcy's birthday and the new year, we leave Morpheus, driven mad by the Devil, in the process of murdering Darcy. Keep reading to find out if She dies or not 😁 Word of warning, it may not be what you expect😉.