Introduction

About 16 years ago
They say the Devil walks into a bar at midnight. He drinks, unloads and, if he's happy with the service, he rewards the bartender. Of course, like most legends, that's just a fat old lie. But occasionally the Devil feels bored.

"Last call,"
The last few patrons filed out of the bar. Most of them would wake up in the drunk tank but Jimmy didn't care. His shift was over for the night and he couldn't wait to get to bed. Dawn was just an hour away and he was bone tired.
Jim bent down to stack some bottles under the counter and heard the chimes at the door alerting him to a customer.
"Bar's closed, sir." He said without looking up.
"Oh that shouldn't be a problem," said the stranger. He had a silky voice with a slight foreign accent.
Jimmy was pissed and about to let the other man know it. He looked up and gaped in shock.
The stranger was dressed in an elegant white suit with a matching tie. A black shirt completed the look.
His skin was what gave him away. It was red, the colour of blood. Also he had tiny hollow sockets of flame where his eyes should have been and two wicked black horns sticking out of his jet black hair.
"You're the Devil!" Jimmy gasped.
"What gave me away?" The Devil said sarcastically. "It was the suit, wasn't it."
"Um," Jim was pretty sure he was dreaming. "What can I get you?" His knees were quaking in fear and he just wanted the nightmare to end.
The Devil smiled, flashing perfect white teeth. He liked this kid. "I'll have a Black Russian."
The bartender started mixing the drink. "So..." He said, at a loss for words.
"So this is where you ask me about my day," the Devil prompted.
"Um, how was your day, lordship?"
"Oh don't ask!" The devil rolled his eyes, at least, Jimmy figured the sudden flaring in his eyes was an eye roll. Hard to tell without actual eyes.
"But you just ..."
"It was Hell!" The Devil was on a roll now. "I mean literally! Do you have any idea how hot it is down there?"
"Um, I don't..."
"Of course not. It's burning! The worst part is, I asked the old man to at least let me air condition the office. Should have known better. He made it extra freezing!" He grabbed the glass and downed it in one gulp.
"Ah, that takes me back," the Devil sighed. "So anyway, being King of Hell is no walk in the park. Just the competition! Have you ever heard of Asmodeus?"
"No, not really."
"That's a good thing. He's a major pain in the ass. And he's just one of the many demons trying to get my job. It's enough to get anyone down. Another, please."
Jimmy slid him another glass of the cocktail. Despite himself, he was getting just a little curious.
"The War on Heaven though. Practically everyone's given up. They're even saying I lied about the whole God-being-a-deadbeat thing. The nerve! You got any pretzels? Thanks. So where was I? Oh yes, the war."
He took a break to sip his drink and eat. "Can you keep a secret?" He asked through a mouthful of pretzels.
"Part of the job," Jim said shrugging.
"Good, I like that. You see, there's this girl. Hot, feisty little thing. But I'm not that sure she likes me all that much, you know what I'm saying?"
Jim nodded trying to look wise. "Usually better to just ask her," he said.
"That's what everyone keeps telling me! Thanks man." The Devil got up and brushed the crumbs off his suit.
"How much do I owe you?" He asked pulling out a roll of bills.
"Um, eighteen bucks plus tip," Jimmy said mystified. "You're paying?" He was quite surprised at the Devil's honesty.
"Of course," the Devil placed the money on the counter, exact change. "Even the Devil has to pay his bills, you know."
He turned on his heel and walked to the door. Just before leaving, he turned around to fix his gaze on the young bartender. Jimmy felt his heart quicken. This was it, the Devil was going to take his soul.
"Thank you for your service," the Devil said with a smile. "As for your tip, you're still breathing aren't you?"

"Jimmy," Stan said shaking his friend awake. "Wake up, dude!"
Jimmy got up and rubbed his eyes groggily. Suddenly he remembered his dream and looked around to make sure the monster was gone.
It was a normal day, just a few costumers eating breakfast in peace. Stan's worried face was looming over his.
"Morning Stan," He got up from where he had been sprawled on the floor. "I must have dozed off."
He shook his head to clear the cobwebs and grabbed his coat before leaving. His girlfriend would be pretty mad at him and one demon was enough to worry about. As he walked down the street with the cold winter breeze in his face, he couldn't believe the ridiculous dream he had had. He shook his head and laughed. He definitely had an overactive imagination.

The little demon-spawn curled up and settled down in its new home. The bitter liquid it was floating in tasted wonderful as it looked through the glass walls of its world to see its siblings swimming contentedly in their own glass homes. Soon, they would be ready for their mission. Until then, the demon in the bottle could sleep.

Hi there! Yes this is your friendly internet author. The above story is one of my short stories. I've been thinking about it a lot and I decided to tell the rest of the horrific tale ( so to speak). So read on, mortals.
I'll be posting updates whenever I can. Please vote and comment any improvements or suggestions.
Cheers, you're awesome XD