Chapter 2

"In case you were wondering," said the Devil. "Yes, there is a hell."
"Yeah I kinda put that together," Darcy gulped. "Why did you bring me here?"
"Because there is something I must tell you," he said, looming over her.
"Well go on," Darcy said. She decided the best course of action would be to hide her fear.
"Well there's no easy way to say this," he said looking sheepishly at her. "Will you marry me?"
"What?!" Darcy shrieked. She had definitely not expected that. "Is this cos of my rice bits?"
"Sure there's that," he started slinking around her. His movements were strangely cat-like.
"Marry me and you will become the Queen of Hell," he said. "Everything you wish, everything you could ever want, will be yours."
Darcy found the offer sort of tempting. But then again, this was the Devil. 'Tempting' was in the job description.
"I don't know," she said, trying to find a quick exit.
"It's an open offer," he said, inspecting the dirt under his long curved talons. "Take your time. You have five minutes."

Darcy turned away, thinking frantically. She wasn't a religious person so just accepting that the Devil was real was a huge leap. And the one thing she knew was that one must never make a deal with the Devil. Actually she had learned that from TV not church.
She absently played with the lunch packet in her hand.
Open it...
She turned to face the Devil. He was still playing with his nails. This was someone else.
Open the packet...
This voice wasn't like the Devil's. It was deeper and thicker, like sad music. Darcy reached into the lunch packet and her hand closed around a smaller packet. She looked inside and realised what it was.
Throw it at him, said the voice. It's fatal to his kind.
Darcy didn't know why but she trusted the new voice. Maybe it was because she was desperate for a way out and this seemed like as good an option as any.
"Hey ugly," she called.
"What?" He stared at her with an irritated look.
"The answer's no," she ripped the packet open and threw its contents at the scary monster.
"Ahhh," the Devil screamed. "No! How did you know?"
She hadn't. But the voice had known. Everywhere the salt touched him, the Devil started burning. Boils and sores formed all over his face and he twisted in pain.
"I'll be back for you," he spat. Then, with a sudden explosion the Devil disappeared.
"Phew," Darcy fell to her knees. She hoped this nightmare would end and she could wake up soon. But somehow, She knew she wasn't dreaming.
Hey sweetie
Darcy shot upright. That wasn't the deep comforting voice that had helped her. This one was cold and menacing. She recognised it.
You're not getting rid of me that easily.
The Devil's voice was echoing in her head, leaving her disoriented.
"What do you want from me?" She shouted.
I told you. I want to marry you. And since you refused my advance so prematurely, I'm sending some friends for you to play with while you change your mind.
There was a crashing sound from the back of the house. A group of big burly men entered the room, moving around her, cutting off all chance at escape.
Don't play too rough, the Devil cackled. The men started moving in, a predatory look in their eyes.

Didn't expect that did you? 😜 Keep reading to know what adventures befall Darcy's rice bits. (And I know that line sounded right out of a porno movie) Also in the next chapter, the shit hits the fan.