Many people in their hearts let loose a breath.

Right at this time, there was a sudden change!

A beam of incomparably brilliant lightning tore apart the curtain of night!

A high, clear and bright screech then echoed, like a crane or phoenix's cry, between the whistles of the wind, the blue-winged luan shrunk to half its size appeared in the sky

And Duan Chongxuan's hands grasped a long spear, the spear point giving off white smoke–it was exactly the Flowing Light Chain that he had severed on Luan Er's neck.

There had never been any lightning. It was just that the speed was too fast–the deceptive image of the spear was like lightning had struck!

Feng Huo: Beckoning Fire.

"Feng Huo" was not a sword, rather it was a spear. If it was said that the number one godly weapons on this earth were well-deserving of their titles, "Chun Shan Xiao" and "Qiu Feng Li" forged from the Lin Yuan sword, then this spear that the founding emperor of the Northern Continent had fought war on all sides with, was more than qualified to stand in the top five.

This move of Duan Chongxuan's, Feng Huo Beckoning Fire, had barely two-tenths of its true might, but it could sever a Flowing Light Chain; this was purely reliant on the godly weapon's intrinsic power.

In the instant that the chains on its neck had been snapped, Luan Er's body had rapidly shrunk in size, extricating itself from the remaining shackles!

Duan Chongxuan made a long sweep with his spear, and the mist floating above the ocean gathered underneath the spear tip, the power like that of a storm. Everyone considering his status did not dare use their full strength to oppose him, and in a moment of carelessness, they were actually forced back.

The first to react was Wang Xi, he got up and flew over, at the same time shouting, "Fire the arrows! Form up!"

Bows and crossbows tightened, and countless arrows fired towards the airborne blue-winged luan! The moment they left the crossbows, the arrowheads ignited with a raging blaze!

Over the pitch-black sea, brilliant flames streaked across the long, dark night like a shower of stars.

Even more imperial guards leapt up onto the deck, rushing in an unending stream. The closest soldiers abruptly changed their steps, layer upon layer forming a surrounding formation, enclosing Duan Chongxuan within.

Duan Chongxuan only raised his head and yelled, "Run—"

But this time, Luan Er didn't listen to him.

It fanned its wings and dove down from high above! Straight through the concentrated fires covering the sky and earth!

Wang Xi with a crossbow seized from a soldier, energy billowing his robes, all his core energy bursting forth from his entire body, set flying a single arrow!

The arrow tip pierced the air, issuing an ear-piercing whistle.

At the same time a saber at his side was unsheathed, the pressure arriving before the blade, forcing Duan Chongxuan into a hasty retreat, but he wasn't able to escape the entrapment behind him!

In this moment, he once again suddenly recalled his father's words–

Even if you have the backing of thousands, there will still be a day when you have to fight on your own

He held his spear out in front of him, no longer retreating, preparing to resolutely receive this blow.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw the arrows from the night sky falling with extremely ferocious power, even if Luan Er flapped its wings as hard as it could, with its body still injured, it would not be able to avoid them...