103 ⭑ We'll be alright.

Começar do início

Some people were just bad.

Granted, Harlow humiliating Jess in that trailer park was more than likely the icing on the cake, and he felt guilty about it. He felt like it was his fault. That if he hadn't gone there and said what he said to him, it wouldn't have opened the gates for Aurora to snake in and use him for her own advantage. I told him not to think that. I told him he was protecting me. I told him that he had no way of knowing what would come out of doing something like that, but like always, he didn't listen to me.

My headstrong, stubborn man.

He was being quiet, but there wasn't much to say.

We had this one night together to prepare, it was hard not to stress.

We had no idea what was coming.

I was scared, we all were.

But as long as we had each other, we'd be alright.

He sang to me softly, his voice sweet and silky, his pitch, perfect, creating a calm ambiance and atmosphere around us that was much appreciated.

I closed my eyes against his chest and he kissed the top of my head. I could both smell and hear him blow out the smoke from his cigarette.

"What's goin' on inside that head now, Cherry-bomb?" He muttered lowly, running his fingers through my hair, "You're too quiet. Talk to me."

"I keep thinking about Zack. That's all." I murmured, tightening my grip around his torso, "I don't like that he's with her. That he's in danger. I don't wanna..." Saying out loud felt like I was jinxing myself, "Lose someone else."

"Hey..." He patted my back, signaling me to pull back from him a bit and look up with my chin rested on his chest.

He quickly did a french-inhale, pulling smoke through his nose while he brushed my bangs back with his black, chipped fingertips, "Everythin' is going to be just fine... relax..."

"Yeah, right, I'll be sure to take your advice Mr. Anxiety. You have some nerve to be talkin' about anxiousness. You're not the one who's gonna be doing any killing-"

"And neither are you. Cher, my darling girl. I love you, I don't doubt your capabilities in the slightest. I'm actually quite terrified of you most of the time." He smiled, "But let Niko take care of it. Let him be in control. Don't traumatize yourself if you don't have to. It's scary and he's a — well, he's not a professional, but it wouldn't be his first time seeing that shit, y'know?"

"I'm not just gonna sit by and do nothing. I'm gonna help, it's my family who has roped you all into this crazy mess..." I sighed, closing my eyes momentarily as my stomach twisted once again, "I wish we didn't have to kill anyone."

"Personally, I want to kill him. Motherfucker can't find the clit, I think that warrants the death penalty."

"I actually hate you." Laughter bubbled up from my stomach.

"Why? I can find the clit with my eyes closed, upside down, in a plane. Your pussy is home, I know that shit by heart-"

"God, enough." I leaned my head back and groaned.

"The motto for your pussy should be finger lickin' good-"

"You know what? I'm gonna get that tatted on me." I laughed, smacking him on the chest, "Right on my pussy, it's gonna say 'finger lickin' good' and every time you go to eat me out, you're gonna regret ever sayin' that."

"Oh, it's on." He laughed breathlessly.

My smile slipped away slightly and I looked over at our friends all laughing and squealing on the deck.