21.

A/N: Be prepared to meet some characters, so it's a long chapter.

I WAKE UP TO DEI'S VOICE, cursing excessively.

"What the fuck do you want with us, bitch? Let us go, we haven't done a damn thing, you piece of shit."

"Sorry, whose the one with all the weapons? You really want to act like that?"

"Fuck you."

A laugh. "You wish."

I blink my eyes open, and take in my surroundings.

All of us have been bound with glowing rope by the side of the car. The person in black has taken his mask off, and I can see him well now. He has rich brown skin, and thick twists piled on the top of his head, the sides shaved low, forming a mohawk, and the hair sweeps over his eyes. 

Pho, Auggie, and Chase are still knocked out. Caste is leaning against Niko, who is murmuring softly, surely reassuring him. Archie is watching the guy and keeping close to Auggie, body tensing when he gets too close. Alastor and Felix look dazed still, but furious at him.

The guy is wearing a black tank top that shows off his strong biceps. He spins a knife in his fingers, looking bored.

"We didn't do anything." Felix tells him quietly. "We're here to--"

"I don't really care why you're here." He walks away from Dei, who continues to glare, looking over us all. "You were in our home, and--how the fuck did you get out of that?"

The rope has loosened around my body, and I blink. "I didn't mean to--"

His fingers grip my jaw, and I meet narrowed eyes on an angry face, and my fingers prick. Oh.

"Dammit." He mutters. "I thought I had more time. I can't believe I couldn't see it."

"You aren't...going to kill us, right?"

"I can't kill you." He looks over, curiously at the others. "But maybe hurting them will make you talk."

"Don't you dare." I snap. "There's nothing to tell."

"Oh? You care about them, then?"

"Wait. Look, I won't move." I lift my hands carefully. "I won't do anything."

"What are you all doing here?" He asks, his knife dangerously close to Chase's sleeping face.

"We're trying to get to..." I'm at a loss for words, completely blanking, and glance at the others for help.

"The Dragon's Tomb." Felix murmurs from beside me.

"The Dragon's Tomb. We got information that said this was the fastest way."

"It is. Why should I let you through? It's not your land."

"Because...if we don't get to the Tomb, then someone else will have control over you. You're in the Bind, right? We just need to get there."

His eyes flick over us, counting silently. His lips purse. "You can come with me."

"Excuse me?" The thorns appear, on all of them. "I'm not leaving them behind."

"Not to leave behind. I need to..." He lets out a frustrated sigh, stepping away, glaring at the sky.. "There's something important you need to see, and you can't bring them all."

"Will you untie them?"

"If they swear to stay here. If they follow, I'll hurt you."

"Okay." I agree. He nods towards them, silently telling me to untie them. I crouch, somehow easily undoing the complicated knot binding their hands.