23

WE STAY WITH THEM IN THE CASTLE FOR OVER TWO WEEKS.  I think everyone likes it--and it's like a vacation, filled with lazy days, sex, and lots of food.

We've talked a bit about the next steps. According to them--and that song--the next stop is where my fate is sealed. I don't know how to feel about it, so if I'm hoping we don't leave soon, that's probably why.

And, of course, the others have to pack their things, and say goodbye to the place that's been their home for so long.

And even though I feel like I'm alone a lot, I still have time for lots of things with them.

I fuck Rain again, Forrest, Atticus, Soul, Dei several times--though he's spent lots of time with Leif--Niko, and Caste. I get high with Forrest, which is more enjoyable than I remember it being in high school. Felix and Eli show me how to make things down in the basement, which Eli says was a dungeon before he remodeled it. I cook with Milo, and attempt to spar with Dei, who gives up and asks Zane to help. Zane is more helpful than Dei is, and shows me how to protect myself if I'm in danger.

And I like it. I like them.

But the deadline to leave is coming closer. Arlo is anxious about staying in one place for so long, worried the Angels might show up when we aren't expecting it. So soon we have to begin preparations to leave.

And the process of packing up is a long one.

They have cars, though Felix says they don't run off gas, and when he fixed my car, he changed it for mine. Which makes me realize now that there haven't been any gas stations. I didn't even worry about it when I wasn't the one driving.

They don't take a whole lot each, saying they'll come back for more once I have the amulet. It takes almost two days, since no one really wants to leave, so everyone stalls it, finding excuses till the last bag is in the car.

Milo made lot of food, enough for everyone to bring some, tons of snacks for the road. He had to clear the castle of food since we're not returning soon. As everyone's getting in the car, it reminds me of vacation trips with my family, when we'd rent a big van and pile in. Though this is more enjoyable than those trips ever were.

I pull Chase aside, to ask him, "Do you think anyone would be mad if I rode in this car?" I tap the side of the van Zane is going to drive. "Just to get to know them better."

He smiled. "I don't think anyone will be mad. Dei might be disappointed, I think he was planning on fucking you. He'll get over it."

"Dei's been obsessed with Leif." He'll be okay. He'd barely had eyes for anyone else.

Eli and Rain are thrilled to find out I'm going with them. Rain insists I sit near him, and I go into the car.

The setup of the car is similar to a school bus, wide seats on either side, with windows for each. In the back,  there's a long seat, which is covered in vines, so it seems Forrest has claimed it.

There are ten rows, counting the front seats, where Zane will sit, and Royal in the chair beside him. Atticus and Soul are in one of the rows, looking over a book. Across from them, Wyatt and Ash's things are under the seat. Eli and Milo are going to be using both the seats in the next row, having called the whole row. Then Rain and Claude sit near the back, and I'm apparently sitting across from them. I assume Kai, Forrest, Grayson will sit in the very back, but then...

I leave the bus, and see Darius getting into the car behind Archie, the two of them laughing. Dei probably brought Leif along with him, then. It was interesting, watching Auggie relax around Darius, but he did, and Archie clearly likes it. he three of them have been inseparable since that firs day.