26.

A/N: Happy Pride Month!

ARLO PASSES OUT.

Chase tells me it's understandable, changing into his Demon is taxing, and he was surprised he stayed up that long. He's fallen against me, and I caught him as soon as I realized he was falling.

When Chase goes to lift him from me, I stop him, not wanting anyone else to touch him, which is...strange.

"It's the Bind." He tells me, knowing what I'm thinking, smiling. He stands back as I lift Arlo, letting his body press against my chest, his head falling against my shoulder. "You two are more bound then ever. You belong to each other, so you'll probably feel weird around him for a while, but it's normal."

"What do you mean, weird?" Arlo looks peaceful when he sleeps, lips parted to let out soft breaths, eyes closed, completely relaxed. I find that I like having him pressed to me, and I hold him closer.

"More attraction." He tells me. "It'll be hard to be away from each other. You're now bound to protecting him, so you'll probably be possessive over him."

"Oh." I can tell what he says is true. My hold on him tightens when Dei and Pho near us.

"All good, right?" Dei asks, gaze raking over me. "Have you tried our collars?"

"No. Should I?"

When he nods, it happens automatically, my fingers flicking, the familiar thorned collars, similar to my new one, appear around their necks, all of them. They all visibly relax when they feel it, and I turn to Chase, who is searching with his eyes through the crowd, probably looking for Alastor.

"Was there a chance this wouldn't have worked?" I ask them. 

"Of course." He focuses on me for a moment. "There's always a chance. We figured out the best path, and it worked the way we thought it would."

"Okay." They all seem okay. Still... "No one's hurt, right?"

"Yeah. We're all fine." His lips twitch up when he catches sight of Alastor over my shoulder. "We'll regroup. Do you want to take him back to the car?"

I nod, eyes dropping to his face. He looks tired, now that I'm studying his face. Exhausted, but peaceful and calm.

"Take someone with you. You can't go alone anywhere, okay? Not here."

Pho and Felix move to my sides, which is unnerving, having what is basically bodyguards. Still, they walk with me back to the car, and Arlo stirs as we go, letting out a soft groan as we walk.

"Did it--" His words slur, eyelids heavy. "Did it work?"

"It worked." I murmur to him. "You did great."

"I...I did?" His lips lift into a soft, pleased smile. "Really?'

"Very good." I assure him, and his head rests against my shoulders as his eyes close again.

"I still want...he wants a reward."

"Don't worry. You'll get it. Go to sleep for now."

He doesn't protest, body relaxing against mine once again only a moment later. Pho arches an eyebrow at me.

"Reward?" He asks, lips twitching up in a smirk. "What's that about?"

"Not like that. I promised him--if he could get the demon out, I'd let him pick a reward."

"He deserves it." Pho says, smiling. "He needs a break."

I look over at him. "Do you know how he ended up in my house? Because the ripped clothes and passing out is pretty familiar."