Chapter 18: As time goes by

Months went by smoothly and the life of a certain avian couple started to get a new form slowly

It's already the end of the winter and the first noticeable change is in the penthouse. It's visible (Y/N)'s touch in every corner. Things she likes, frames, pictures, new colors on the walls, some new furniture...

Kai's room also changed and now is full of colors, the shelves with his favorite hero's action figures, toys everywhere, thematic blankets, and curtains.

Talking about the boy, soon he'll start to go to his first school. He was super excited for the day and already made Keigo buy all his school supplies and a cool Hawks' bag.

(Y/N) also started to take matters to her future. Since she was still not a fan of being around a lot of people, the young woman decided to start to study online. She's studying to do an entrance exam for a college course that got her attention.

Talking with the director, he assured her that's fine to start the course online as long as she goes to the campus a few times when her course demands it.

This is good in her opinion since she wants to be close to Kai as much as she can, helping him with his new journey at school. Giving him all the support and help, because she knows how emotionally draining it can be sometimes.

And she wouldn't ever lose the chance to see her little boy growing up.

Keigo still has his normal hero life. Going to the agency every day, doing patrols, putting his life on the line...

(Y/N) had some hard moments because of the latter and some small arguments happened between the couple, but only because she's always worried about his wellbeing and it isn't easy to watch the times he came back home with the costume soaked in his blood.

However, with some very necessary conversations, they started to understand both sides of the situation. Keigo wants to save people and will do anything to be a good hero for them, and (Y/N) learned to accept this.

Just like him accepted that she'll always be worried and that she needs him. Keigo needs to make sure to come back to his mate and baby bird safely. He has a family now, and they're the most important thing in the world.

With life going this smoothly and transforming itself before their eyes, Keigo's little family is happy. None of the ups and downs will ever change how much they love each other.

Three lives that came along by chance, because of a sad fate, but now are strongly attached for life. Keigo found the family he always wanted and he's proud of himself for being better. For giving all the love and care he never had.

Thinking about his lover, his eyes searched for her. They're now flying above the city, watching the sun timidly setting down.

Today it's their first date.

Not that the ones they had at home doesn't count but he always wanted so badly to take her out officially. To show off to anyone who wants to know that Keigo Takami is hers and only hers. He wants to show the world the beautiful mate he has.