Chapter 07: The storm

Weeks passed by and the night they spent together talking just repeated itself over and over again

Weeks passed by and the night they spent together talking just repeated itself over and over again. Before that, just by chance Hawks came home and found her awake. Now she waits for him even if he's just too tired to talk and goes straight to bed.

Seeing Keigo coming back safely calms her heart. (Y/N) even learned how to use the first aid kit, to treat his wounds when he appears beaten up because of some villain. This little detail in their routine made both hearts flutter toward each other even more.

Now it's late night and Hawks is in a deep sleep in his room, tired and stressed. Today wasn't so great at the agency. The team found more dead bodies in another hideout. No one was alive in there to be rescued or arrested and this took a turn on everyone.

However, they finally narrowed the search area to where the boss has his base: the guy is definitely in Kyushu.

Still a big area to search but is way better than tracking the whole country. With this, Mirko and Hawks are designated to find more hideouts, their focus being to rescue any survivors.

Meanwhile, Endeavor is tracking the boss and interrogating any suspects, with the police's help of course. But annoyingly those guys just seem to rather be forever in jail than say anything, only making everything more difficult.

The team really can't wait to end this mission.

Back in Keigo's room, he's slowly waking up from his sleep. Not understanding why yet, he opened his eyes and looked at the clock on his nightstand. Still too early in the morning, 2 AM more precisely.

Suddenly, a strong thunder echoed in the penthouse. Just now Keigo realized that's raining- actually, pouring outside. Is there a typhoon coming? He needs to check this later...

But this wasn't the reason he woke up. Trying to pay attention again in his apartment, and in the feathers he always left over the place, something isn't right.

Then he heard a little whimper coming from the room beside his. Worried that something is happening, Keigo flew from the bedroom, opening the door next to his in a swing.

Everything seems alright, any unknown presence or threat. Running his eyes to the bed he sees (Y/N) laying on her side with a trembling Kai in her arms.

The woman is using her arms and wings to protect the boy from the storm's sounds. She cooed trying to beat the loud thunders and keep the boy at ease.

But she isn't feeling good too.

"Sorry, did we awake you?" she raised her head a bit to look at him, who approached them. "I-I tried to keep him quiet but the storm is just too loud."

"Hey, there's no need to say sorry. Are you okay? You're trembling too..."

"It has been a while since the last storm I witnessed. The cages are always underground so it never was so loud as now."

"I see... And it doesn't help that we're literally in one of the tallest buildings in the city, right?" he said humored.