Chapter 15: Hunt you down

The commission's words in the meeting showed true concern about the whole situation, but to no one surprise, not the right one

The commission's words in the meeting showed true concern about the whole situation, but to no one surprise, not the right one. There's no worrying about Hawks' feelings or well-being, just about his image and position as the number two pro hero.

To summarize, they're concerned if this relationship will make him drop in the charts because of some negative reactions coming from "fans".

Put a lot of quotation marks in that word.

Keigo left the conference room mentally tired. He heard a lot of bullshit but none could refute the solid fact that is:

It's his personal life, no one can control it.

And he's right! He's not some pop idol that lives strictly because of contractual clauses, that has no saying in anything, and who lives to please whoever owns them or the target audience; that is told what to see, what to do, what to eat or drink...

No, Hawks is a hero and his only duty is to protect and help people. With this fact being stated, the Commission got silenced for good and Hawks went to work after that unnecessary discussion, still drinking his milk tea.

'If you want to worry about something, worry about their safety. They're my family now, so just do your part as Commission and protect them from this online harassment and anything more that happens from now on.' that's what he told to finish the subject.

"HOLY FUCK, HAWKS! YOU'RE TRENDING EVERYWHERE!" Mirko screamed as soon as he reached the research team's floor. "Did you see the photos? You guys are looking so cute together! (Y/N) is truly gorgeous, I bet some celebrities are jealous now. Damn, and Kai? He's becoming a little man. He really looks like your son!"

"And he is." he smirked down at her, sitting in a corner of the room, away from curious ears.

"Wait... Did you mean it?! Like for real? Are you taking him as your son?"

"Indeed, I am. Now (Y/N) and I are officially mates for life and I decided to take Kai as my own. You should've seen his face when I told him." the memory made him sigh happily. "It's the cutest thing him calling me Dada. My heart gets all warm."

"Ow, I want to see it! Omg, I'm so proud of you, Keigo! Acting all adult and responsible."

"I am adult and responsible." his serious tone made Mirko's face twitch in disapproval. "Looks who's talking!"

"Shut it. Tell me how it went yesterday! I want to know if my little Kai flew. You recorded, right?"

"Of course, every moment of it. Do you think I would let this moment just go unchallenged?"

Both continue to beam and burst from Kai's cuteness, talking about this new life Keigo is living and how amazing it is. That's making Mirko crave more for the day she'll finally find her mate and have her own rabbit family. No matter what quirk the person has, as long as their love is so intense and beautiful as her favorite avian couple, that's enough!