Chapter 9

The next morning I flutter my eyes open, looking over to my left, expecting to see Luke at my side.

I look around and make the assumption he isn't here.

That is until I smelt the sweet savory scent of pancakes.

I stumble into the kitchen and see Luke pile pancakes, eggs, bacon, grits, and SAUSAGE on a plate and finally spots me.

"Ha, dangit! I was going to surprise you with breakfast but you woke up early I see." Luke says with a chuckle.

"Awe, hahaha!" I laugh.

Luke walks over to the table with the plate in one hand and pulls out a chair with the other and gestures me to sit down.

I smile and playfully roll my eyes and take seat in the chair. Luke playfully bows down and walks back into the kitchen, grabs his plate and comes back and sits right next to me.

"How did you sleep beautiful?" Luke says looking up at me while cutting his pancake.

"I slept great" I say with a smile.

Suddenly my phone starts vibrating from the wooden coffee table in the living room.

I get up from the table and grab my phone, and it's a phone call from my sister Taylor. She's telling me she's on her way over to see me, because she hasn't in a while.

I tell her bye, and hang up the phone.

"Who was that?" Luke asks while chewing his food.

"My sister, she's on her way over and I'm not even ready!" I say panicked.

Taylor is going to be pissed once she sees Luke here.

Luke sighs.

"I know she isn't going to be happy seeing me here." Luke says while standing up. I walk over to him and I can see relief wash over him as I lift his chin, so his eyes are meeting mine.

"Hey," I say looking into his eyes. "Don't worry about anything." I say. Luke gives a shy smile and nods.

I smile back and finish the breakfast and thank him.

My sister lives 2 hours away, so I have a small bit of time to get ready.

I go into my bathroom and I take my hair out of my bun and brush it out. I decide to go simple and slick it back into a ponytail. I put on light makeup, and my pearl earrings she got me for my birthday last year. I slip on my skinny jeans and a nirvana t-shirt.

I walk back into the living room to find Luke on the couch watching TV. He was so adorable when he got so into watching something. I walk closer to him and finally get his attention.

"Are you sure you don't want me to leave?" Luke questions.

"No Luke, I don't want you to leave, don't worry about Taylor, Okay? It's fine." I respond.

Luke nods and continues watching his show.

Suddenly I hear a knock on the door. Taylor always knocks on the door so loud, making sure I answer it quick enough.

I take a deep breath and walk over to the door and open slowly. Taylor invites herself in and gives me a hug.

She starts chattering about her boyfriend Ashton, until she finally spots Luke sitting on the couch.

"What the hell is he doing here Jordan?" Taylor shouts.

I take a deep breath I didn't realize I was holding in.

"Taylor, calm dow-" I get cut off.

"No! I'm not going to calm down. This asshole cheats on you and then thinks he can have you back whenever he wants?" She yells.

"You need to learn to let things go before assuming a story," I snap. "If I'm willing to forgive him, you shouldn't worry about it and you should be willing to forgive him too."

Luke sighs and looks down at his knees.

"Jordan, your going to get your heart broken again!"

"You act like you have never made mistakes in your life!"I yell. "He was drunk! I should of forgave him a long time ago, and we're not even officially together! So if you really miss me then act like it, unless you drove two hours to have a screaming war! Because in that case you can just leave!" I snap back.

And just like that, Taylor left, slamming the door behind her.

Luke gets up and walks over to me.

"Jordan, I'm so sorry, I don't want to ruin your relationship with your sister."

"You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry about it."

"I can't believe you stood up for me like that." He says.

"Why wouldn't I?" I respond back making my way over to him.

He gives a shy smile as I am face to face with him again. His hands make their way to my waist and pulls me in closer, so my head is on his chest. I look up at him, and he leans in, his lips meeting mine.