"Is it a call from the hospital?" Jungkook took the initiative and asked.

Lisa nodded, "Two patients just arrived and are awaiting delivery. There are not enough people at the hospital and the nurses from other departments lack experience in child delivery. So…" She hesitated to finish the sentence.

"You should get going."

"But how are you feeling?"

"I am a doctor myself. Forget enteritidis, I can slice myself open and perform a bypass on myself if it was necessary."

Lisa chuckled after hearing what Jungkook said...

"I'll head to the hospital then and be back tomorrow morning. You should rest, but don't fall asleep, and keep an eye on your IV."

"Okay."

Lisa left in a hurry after changing.

Jungkook was alone at home, so he took out his phone and began scrolling through his work email.

- JC Headquarters -

Mrs. Jeon missed her son dearly and decided to drive to the company headquarters to see him.

Little did she know that Jungkook wasn't at work.

"Where's my son?" she asked, feeling annoyed.

"Boss is not here today, but he did say to call him if anything comes up," Assistant Lee answered carefully.

"Where is he living now? Take me there."

"Mrs. Jeon, let me call him first. Please wait here a moment."

Lee was smart enough to not reveal Jungkook's new address. He surely didn't want to be held responsible or blamed by his boss.

"Mrs. Jeon, boss says he will be here in half an hour. Please wait in the office." assistant Lee hung up the phone and smiled.

Mrs. Jeon didn't say anything, but clearly, she was unhappy.

Jungkook never showed up again since he last fought with his father, and he even stopped calling them.

Jungkook’s father was a very stubborn man. He assumed Jungkook would only act of his own accord, so he left the city on a business trip to check on the company's branches in other city.

Mrs. Jeon, on the other hand, missed her son dearly, so she decided to come looking for him at the company.

Jungkook took out the IV and drove to work after his assistant called him.

"Mom, you were looking for me?"

Jungkook walked into the office, sat down on his chair and took off his jacket.

"Son, where have you been? Why weren't you at work?"

"I was out on business," Jungkook said nonchalantly.

"You look pale, are you feeling alright?" A mother could always notice the tiniest of details.

"Yeah, I've been pretty busy."

"I told you not to work so hard. You can delegate miscellaneous tasks to the people below you. You're making me worry."

"Mom, did you need me for something?"

"What would I need you for? I just miss you, that's all, so I thought I would come and see you."

Jungkook nodded and said nothing. He turned to open the documents on his desk and began reading.

"Son, the Chan Group's President is turning sixty soon, you…"

"I don't have time. You and dad can go to those business gatherings," Jungkook interjected before his mother could finish.