She even ordered a bottle of sake for Kai's father.

The elderly couple was very happy. During the meal, Kai's father asked, "Lisa, has the apartment been renovated yet? When are you guys getting married?"

"Uhm… we're in no hurry. Kai is still very busy recently, so we want to wait until things slow down."

"You guys shouldn't wait any longer. You should still get married no matter how busy you are. We've had a discussion with about it; we've got some retirement funds, and we think that you guys should take it. You guys could go to Thailand for your honeymoon."

"There's no need, really. Please don't give us any more money. You should use the money to buy supplements or something else for yourselves. We'll spend the money we earn ourselves." Lisa felt very uneasy.

"Hey, don't say that. We'll be a family soon, and what is ours will also be yours. Oh right, we brought some mushrooms and wild vegetables from Busan for you guys. It's organic and very nutritious," said Kai's mother as she handed over a big bag.

"There's no need to rush, Auntie. Give it to Kai when you see him, I still have to get back to work, it isn't very convenient for me to take these now."

"Lisa, did you two get into a fight? Every time I call and ask for you, Kai would mumble random things and change the topic," Kai's mother suddenly asked .

"No Auntie, we aren't fighting," Lisa said with her fingers crossed.

"Really? But why do I feel like something's not right?" Kai's mother mumbled to herself.

"You tend to overthink things like this. See, I told you it was nothing. Lisa is a sensible kid; she would never fight with Kai." Kai's father chuckled.

Lisa felt unsettled as she heard what he said.

After the meal, Lisa brought the couple to the Asan medical centre's outpatient resting area and then headed towards the Ophthalmology Clinic.

Kai walked out of the surgery room looking slightly tired. He had just finished operating on a cataract patient.

"Kai."

"What do you want?" Kai appeared distant.

"Auntie and Uncle Kim are here. They couldn't reach you on your phone, so they called me."

Kai took out his phone and simply nodded in acknowledgment, "I had a surgery so my phone was off. Where are they?"

"I took them out for lunch and then brought them to the outpatient resting area."

"Oh, how much did lunch cost you? I'll pay you back."

"It's fine. They've always been very kind to me, so treating them to lunch is nothing."

"Forget it. I can't take advantage of you since it's not like we're friends. Is five thousand won enough?" Kai took out his wallet and pulled out five 1000 won bills. He then threw the money at Lisa.

"Thanks for taking care of my parents. But if there is nothing else, don't contact them in the future. My family has nothing to do with you anymore. I will tell them everything today."

"Okay." Lisa nodded.

"Kai, what is it?" Krystal walked over from not far away. She was wearing her white lab coat and glared at Lisa in an extremely unfriendly manner.

"Oh, my parents are here, and they couldn't reach me on my phone."

"So, who is she?" Krystal looked at Lisa suspiciously.

"She's an old university classmate." Kai turned on his heels as soon as he finished. He grabbed Krystal by the hand and left.

Lisa held on to the five thousand won and let out a helpless smile.