Chapter 13: In the Rain

The skies outside were a pale shade of gray. Raindrops came down, gently tapping the window. I sat on the couch by the front window downstairs, watching as each raindrop landed like a ballerina on the ground.

     Today, Giovanni and I were home alone together. A few days ago, he kissed me on the stoop outside and said I was beautiful. Just thinking about those moments made my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

     I really liked Giovanni. He was kind, protective, cooked amazing meals, and had a super cute smile. Plus, he was very easy on the eyes. I wanted to spend more time with him. Today was my chance to do just that.

     "Hey," Giovanni said while coming down the stairs. I turned around to look at him. Giovanni was wearing black, ripped jeans and a black t-shirt. I came over to meet him at the end of the stairs.

     "You look pretty," Giovanni said while looking at my white eyelet dress.

     "Thanks," I replied shyly.

     "Do you want me to make us some lunch?" Giovanni asked.

     "Sure, that sounds great," I said while smiling. He smiled back at me.

     Giovanni made us a dish that had pasta, chicken, and a bunch of other things in it. It was absolutely DELICIOUS.

     "Wow, this is one of the best meals I've ever had," I said while chowing down on my food. "Thank you so much for making this."

     "I'm happy to finally have someone to share my cooking with," Giovanni replied. "I would really like to do this more often. You know, just the two of us hanging out together."

     When Giovanni said that, I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear. This moment made me happy. HE made me happy.

     As I was washing my dishes by the sink, Giovanni came from behind and hugged me. I felt like I could melt in his touch.

     "Do you want to go outside?" he whispered in my ear. I turned around to look at him.

     "But it's raining," I replied while giggling.

      "So what? I'm not going to let that stop me," Giovanni said while laughing. "Come on, follow me." He held his hand out to me, so I put my hand in Giovanni's.

     He led me to the front door and opened it up. Once we were outside on the front porch, I could hear the raindrops louder than I did when I was inside.

     "Stay here and give me one second," Giovanni said while leaving me to go inside. When Giovanni came back out, he was holding a vintage boombox.

     "What is that for?" I said while smiling.

     "Come with me to find out," Giovanni replied, smiling back.

     As Giovanni held the boombox, we both ran in the rain to the middle of the street. Our clothes were getting soaked as we stood there, laughing and smiling at each other.

     "You are crazy!" I happily yelled at Giovanni.

     "No, we're both crazy!" Giovanni yelled back, taking both of my hands in his.

     "So, what's the boombox for, then?" I asked.

     Giovanni pressed a button and "Can't Take My Eyes off You" from the Four Seasons started playing.

     "Dance with me, Amore," Giovanni said while grinning.

     I smiled as Giovanni took both of my hands. We swayed together like two children in the middle of the street as the rain poured down on us. Giovanni spun me around, then held me close in his arms.