Chapter 8: Wrong Side of the Bed

After we concluded our little conversation, I started hearing footsteps and the sound of low voices approaching. These boys were about to be surprised at the little twist we were going to add to their game.

     "Well, we're back, ladies," Antonio said while opening the door with one hand and holding a Lite beer can in the other. Giovanni and Leonardo entered the room behind him.

     "Oh, wonderful," I said sarcastically. "Did you bring any for us?" I jokingly said while pointing at Antonio's can of beer.

     "Um, no," he replied. "I didn't think you were the type that drank beer. Besides, this isn't a fuckin party. You are being held here as captives, remember?"

     "Well, just because we have to play by your rules doesn't mean we can't have some fun," I said with a grin. "After all, aren't we supposed to be marrying you all or some shit?" I could clearly tell Antonio was getting triggered.

     "Shut up, Cupcake," Antonio replied while sipping on his beer and sitting on the couch with his brothers.

     "Um, quick question," Alina said in a small voice, finally speaking up for herself. "Where are we sleeping? It is literally 12:00 A.M."

     Giovanni chuckled, then took a sip of beer.

     "Amore, you are staying with me. My dad wants the three of us to keep an eye on you all because he will be livid if any of you escape," Giovanni replied. "Nikki is staying with Leonardo, and Julie is staying with Antonio."

     I looked at Alina and Nikki, slightly startled. The thought of staying with a fuckin murder creeped the shit out of me, but we knew we had to play the game or we would be screwed.

     "Fine, that sounds wonderful," Alina said.

     The six of us sat in silence for a minute as the boys were drinking their beer. I was fuckin exhausted from the crazy day. In the morning, I was almost late for work. In the afternoon, I was on my feet for hours in the salon. In the evening, I literally ran for my life during a shooting. What the hell was next? All I wanted was some sleep.

     "Do you three stay up all night or some shit?" I said, breaking my filter. "I want to get some sleep, but I'm patiently waiting for you."

     Antonio put his beer down and just sat there, staring at me with his lips pressed together. I just looked back at him with a disgusted face. Did he see something that I didn't?

     "Wait a second," Antonio replied in a low voice, still staring at me. "You look familiar."

     Familiar? I looked at Antonio a little more closely. Finally, it hit me like a ton of bricks. He was the one on the road who almost smacked up my car! Plus, that fuckin asshole gave me the middle finger! Oh, this motherfucker was about to get it from me!

     "Yeah," I began. "You look familiar, too. You are the fuckin dickhead who almost clipped my car this morning! You know, the 2002 silver Honda Civic."

     "Oh, yeah, that's right, thanks for reminding me! You're the cunt who almost fucked up my dad's SUV earlier today with your piece of junk car!" Antonio furiously replied while pointing at me.

     "Um, no, you almost swerved into me! That's not my fuckin fault! The blame is all on you!" I yelled back.

     "Fuck no, Cupcake! You're the one at fault here!" Antonio yelled loudly.

     "Okay, okay, cut the crap, both of you!" Nikki yelled, finally silencing us. "Look, I don't know what the hell happened this morning, but I just want to go the fuck to bed."