Chapter 4: Pasta and Pistols

Alina, Nikki, and I went back to our house once we finished cleaning the salon. We showered, did our hair, put on makeup, and dressed in the fanciest dresses we could find hanging in our closets. Before we knew it, a yellow taxi was waiting outside for us. After a few minutes of driving, we were going over the Brooklyn Bridge into the city. The sky looked golden as the sun was going to sleep for the day, but we were ready to get our night started.

     By the time we reached the city, the sky was pitch black. The stars flickered in the night as we peered outside at the busy streets filled with other taxi cabs and buses. The incredible buildings towered above us, almost giving me a sense of safety. Even though I have lived in New York my whole life, the city never fails to amaze me.

     The taxi cab finally stopped in front of a restaurant called La Bella Rosa. After paying the cab driver, we stepped out of the car, taking in the exciting energy of the bustling city.

     The moment we entered the restaurant in our sparkly dresses, every eye in the room was on us. The guys looked at us with wide eyes, while the girls gave us dirty looks. Those bitches were probably just jealous because we were way hotter than them.

     The whole place was packed with Maneskin's close friends, family, and colleagues. People were busy socializing with each other, drinking, and laughing. Out of the blue, a familiar face came up to us.

     "Ciao, ladies!" a somewhat drunk Damiano said as he stumbled our way. "How are you enjoying the party?"

     "Hi, Damiano! We actually just arrived, but everything here looks amazing!" I replied.

     "Well, I hope you girls have a great time! Get yourselves a couple of drinks, you all deserve it!" Damiano said.

     "We definitely will!" I replied back, trying not to laugh at Damiano acting super drunk.

     "Ciao for now, ladies," Damiano said with a grin before going over to one of his friends.

     "Well, what should we do first?" Alina asked.

     "I don't know, maybe find some hot guys," Nikki said.

     "God, Nikki, do you just think about guys all day?" I replied.

     "I swear I don't!" she said defensively. "We are at a party, I want to be bad for once and have some fun!"

     "Fine, fine, fine," I said.

     "Ooh, look at those two guys over there," Alina said, pointing to the left at two Italian guys who wore black suits.

     "Well, I am going to go get a drink, but you two can go over there," I told Alina and Nikki. Those two were always looking for trouble.

     "Bye, Julie," Nikki said in a snarky voice before running off with Alina.

     Alina and Nikki walked up to the two handsome men, who were talking with each other while holding drinks.

     "Hello, ladies," the younger of the two said. "My name is Matteo and this is my friend, Fabio."

     "Hi, my name is Nikki and this is Alina," Nikki replied. "So, what brings you two here tonight?"

     "Well, we are both professional tennis players that represent Italy, so we are good friends with the members of Maneskin since they are also from Italy," Fabio said.

     "Oh, that's cool," Alina said.

     "What brings you two beautiful girls to this restaurant tonight?" Matteo said, which made Alina and Nikki giggle as their cheeks blushed.