Chapter 87- Fulfilling A Promise.

Thatcher's voice is the first thing to break the silence. "It's a nice view." He sighs.

"I would've rathered that you didn't get a nice view." I tell him, pulling the knife out of him and transforming it into water for precaution while trickles down my hand, slightly rinsing off some of the blood.

Thatcher releases a groan before spitting out another blood puddle. "You should've just finished me off instead of giving me a place to see, the bleeding out of my arm and stomach is torture."

"Just like you tortured my family and I? I don't think it comes anywhere close." I tell him, moving a few metres away before sitting down on a rock, staring at the river that sat at the bottom.

"To think, I almost had you and Maximoff." He sighs, a groan slithered into his voice.

"If you were smart, you wouldn't have gone after her." I respond. "I bet you're still satisfied though, you said you'd make me a weapon and technically I am." I say, bringing my knees up and resting my arms on them.

"You were always Hydra's weapon." He replies.

"If I was Hydra's weapon, you were their rat. Doing the things they couldn't be bothered enough to do." I tell him, turning my head slightly.

"I wasn't a rat, I was a high-ranking member." He remarks.

"Sure, you were. Nazi." I say, raising an eyebrow at him.

"You should be grateful, without me, you wouldn't be who you were today." He repeats.

"You've said that like ten times already." I tell him.

"And it'll always be true." He says, his voice followed by the sound of spit.

"Without you, I wouldn't have the friends I do today, without you I would've still been living my bland life." I sigh.

"You couldn't have even given me a quick death, you couldn't give the person you owe everything a merciful death." He responds, a grin practically heard throughout his voice.

"I told you I'd make you suffer. This wasn't my ideal situation but a slow bleed-out with a chopped-off arm is good enough." I tell him, turning my head towards him, his face entering my peripheral.

"This side of you will always be burning deep inside, no matter how far you go." Thatcher replies, his grin turning into a satisfied smile.

"No, I don't think so, all I wanted was to kill you and now that's been resolved." I say.

"You tell yourself that." Thatcher responds, his voice turning husky.

"Every loop that you put me through made me realise that someone's will is something that isn't to be measured by. You can't stop someone from seeing the good in others." I tell him, biting the inside of my lip.

"You can't stop one person but neither can you stop the world... The world always wins people over." Thatcher grunts as his voice becomes weaker and huskier.

"The world's opinion doesn't matter to me." I respond, shrugging his statement off.

"My presence will cause an uprise in civilization and more people will rise up to continue my legacy." Thatcher states, his breathing becoming shallow.

"And I'll be there to stop them if they try." I respond.

"How can you stop an uprising?" He questions.

"With everything I have today." I answer. Thatcher's breathing switches from a shallow breath to a wheeze. "Your life is coming to a stop, every goal you achieved has been for nothing, taking my family from me was your biggest mistake." I tell him.