Chapter 40- The Interrogation That Ends In A Riddle.

A/N: For some reason this chapter keeps unpublishing itself and I don't know why. Anyways, I'll publish 2 back to back. This 1 and 1 more.

(Lara's Pov)

I shot up from my position on the wooden box. I wasn't sweaty nor did I have a nightmare but I just woke up from the sleep I was having. I look around the dimly lit warehouse, Quister was still unconscious but I had a feeling it wouldn't last that long. Standing up and picking up the metal pipe, I push the wooden box away into the darkness.

The dim lamp is the only source of light in the barren and cold warehouse. A flickering light representing both sides of me. The darkness showing my past and the light trying to show what my future could be but with each choice, the light gets brighter or darker.

"Where am I?" A dry voice speaks as it breaks me out of my thoughts and back to reality.

My face was hidden in the darkness but my body was visible. "You're awake. You were trying to cross the border right?" I jokingly answer the source of the voice.

"Who are you?" Quister questions, lifting his head up, squinting his eyes.

"That's not important." I tell him.

"What do you want with me?" He questions me again, trying to see my face.

"Something I have been waiting three years for." I answer him.

"Three years ago?" He questions, dropping his head.

"Rigger." I state.

"Who?" He says, trying to play dumb.

"Rigger." I repeat myself.

"Cares." He chuckles.

"Nice joke. You're pretty funny." I say unamused.

"My mother always said that I could've been a comedian." He looks to the left.

"You still keep in touch with Rigger." I inform him as I bring the conversation back to what I want.

"Rigger? You aren't getting anything out of me." He says, bringing his attention back to my shadowed face.

"That's what someone else told me before they gave away where you were." I inform him.

"I don't associate with Hydra anymore." He tells me.

"Are you even trying to hide your lies?" I rhetorically ask him.

"I don't need to." He replies.

"Where is Rigger?" I question him.

"What does a girl like you want with a man like Rigger?" He asks me as a grin is placed on his face. "Even if you manage to find Rigger, he will kill you before you even get a chance to defend yourself." He continues.

"He can't kill what's already dead." I state in a monotone voice.

"Who are you?" He questions me, his grin lowering slightly.

"You tell me Penis Breath." I say with an amused tone as I step into the dim light.

"Lara Twiney." He says as his voice quivers ever so slightly on my last name. "Rigger will kill you before you even find him." He adds on.

"Can't kill a ghost." I inform him.

"We looked for you for a year and eleven months. We stopped after two volunteers survived the tests we gave them. Said they wanted to bring peace." Quister informs me trying to get a reaction out of me.

"You mean the Maximoffs. That plan failed, they're a part of the Avengers." I inform him, kneeling on one knee.

His face falls. "They weren't killed by that jet." He says as he looks to the right.