Chapter 92 - The End to All Things

They had placed Nabooru and Giana on Epona as they rushed out the city gates. Sprinting across the drawbridge, they could see the multi-winged form soaring southwards towards the devastation. Xavier, now healed by Rauru and Zelda, was lumbering after them, albeit at a reduced pace. She was quite lopsided now that she no longer had a tail. Malon, Merin, Ashley, Rauru and Cayla were running alongside Zelda, keeping a trained eye on Link to ensure they would not lose him. Saria kept a wary distance but stayed high in the air to track Link that way.

Zelda berated herself for being so weak. The moment he laid his eyes of white on her, she felt her knees give out. The memories came flooding back to her of that fateful day her champion first died, he was wearing the same war paint and held the same commanding presence. Why did she ask Ballos to seal such unrestrained power in a mask? What was her reasoning for keeping that potent visage of her champion alive? She shook her head to dismiss these thoughts, she knew that a grave mistake was made and she must now fix things.

They stopped short of the first row of raging fires. They scanned the mayhem, spotting various Gerudo on horseback swiftly attacking both demons and Nevachreans alike. Gorons were rolling through the masses, uplifting Hungers and Gerudo with their mighty hammers or fists. Zoras were crouched low and sneaking through the chaos, stabbing those they could. The majority of the Nevachrean army was killed to the man. They stood no chance between the dragon fire above and the potent weaponry of the Gerudo.

"What happened?" Zelda asked confused. She hadn't expected Zoras and Nevachrean countrymen to be participating in the battle.

"Maybe they joined up after it started?" Merin offered, breathing heavily beside her as she recovered from the run.

"That doesn't explain where they came from." Zelda countered.

Ashley pointed before firmly stating, "There."

Zelda squinted her eyes to see a bulky shape hobbling towards them, leaning heavily on a hammer with each step. "Darunia!" She cried out.

They rushed forward to assist him in standing. Giana's eyes bulged with fear as she beheld the imposing Goron king, his left arm completely gone. On the clotted stub where his arm used to be connected was some rudimentary bandaging, it was clear some Zora medicine was applied to staunch the bleeding so he could continue to fight.

"Are you okay?!" Zelda inquired anxiously, gingerly placing a hand on his rocky back.

Darunia took one look at her before grunting, "I'll be fine. One of them Hunger demons got to me, but I taught him quite the lesson." He grinned at the memory. Gazing up to the sky, he gestured towards the two flying figures opposing each other. "What of them? Who are they?"

Zelda's countenance sagged at the questions, "The one with black wings is Link." Darunia's eyes widened, but he made no comment. "The other is...Majora. It is in control of Ganondorf."

"Well that's just lovely." Darunia commented sarcastically. "What do you propose we do?"

Rauru interjected, "There is nothing we can do for now. Unless you believe you have the power to stop gods." Greeted with nothing but silence, Rauru nodded his head as he turned his eyes skyward. "We must prepare for the worst." They continued to watch the meteors rain down from the heavens. They had to look again but it appeared the moon was closer than it was previously.

===========================================================

Link flapped his six wings majestically as he sailed through the air, Master Sword firmly in hand. His focus was solely on Majora. Several meteors swept past him, mere feet from his position, however the innate sixth sense he had gained prevented any collisions. He swooped and twirled through the obstacle course of death, the moon's wrath pouring down and destroying the land below. He flexed his wings and spread them out wide to stall his flight as he pulled up right beside Majora.