Court part 2

"Charles Spring, up to the stand please." The judge said, his eyes staring the boy down. Charlie gulped and looked at Nick, who gave him an encouraging smile, and then to Ben, who smirked at him, his eyes easily cutting through his confidence, usually. But this time, he was prepared, he took a deep breath, looked at his family before standing himself up and going up to the stand.

"Now Charles Spring, do you swear to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth oh so god may help you?" Charlie raised his hand up,
"I do." He replied, the judge nodded and continued,
"Well then, without further ado, we can proceed with the hearing. Now, first question, once again, do you agree with all of the statements that have been made so far before calling you up?" The judge asked.

"Yes." Simple one word answers, that would keep him calm for now, but if he had to explain further, he would be fine, he just needed to keep himself from panicking. The judge nodded,
"Well then, what do you have to say about what has happened? Is there anything that we left out, anything else that we have missed out and need to add to his case?" Charlie froze, well then, they were getting right into it then, he wondered if his therapist had told the police about how Ben had touched him? Had it been mentioned, well, now was the time to say it if she hadn't right? But could he say it? He hadn't told his family, Nick, or anyone but his therapist, who said she hadn't told. So he needed to say it, he couldn't keep it from them forever right. It was the one thing holding him back from moving past his trauma, not exposing everything to his family, as his therapist had said.

And it could be very important to the police,
"Actually, yes, there was one more thing that I don't think has been addressed yet." The judges eyes widened slightly, she leaned closer to the stand,
"Continue Mr Spring." Oh god what was he doing? Could he really do this, he glanced at Nick, Nick looked confused but kept a kind, adorable smile on his face, Charlie sighed.
"So on the day, which... God that was a while ago. Whole he had me, er, tied, I think this might have been, er.. um, after the crowbar had been used, or maybe before? God it's so hazy. But he had me tide down, and he... He started touching me, kissing me... And-and he started taking his clothes off... Grinding against me." Charlie stopped, a tears rolling down his eyes, he took a shaky breath, remembering his lust filled eyes, the people behind him telling him that they didn't agree to this.

The judge raised his hand up to stop the chatter, Charlie's family shared horrified glances, but not Nick, Nick's eyes filled with rage, he kept out of his seat, and ran down towards Ben,
"BEN, YOU FUCKING PERVERT. YOU TRIED TO RAPE HIM! IM GOING TO FUCKING DESTROY YOU." Ben had a moment of fear in his eyes, before putting on a fake amused face, masking his fear. Nick was held back by officers, who told Nick to calm down,
"YOU HURT SO MANY PEOPLE, I'M NOT AFRAID TO FIGHT YOU AGAIN YOU FREAK, COME HEAR! YOU DESERVE EVERYTHING YOU DID TO HIM AND MORE." Charlie put a hand to his mouth, the judge was banging her hammer, trying to quiet down the crowd,
"NICK, NICK CALM DOWN, he's not worth it!"

Nick stopped and looked at Charlie, Charlie noticed he was teary eyes,
"Come on, don't stoop to his level." Charlie said, smiling at him with a worried look on his face. Nick sighed, still held by the guards, they took him back to his seat, one standing at the end of his row and blocking his way out, incase he was going to jump up again. The judge sighed,
"Thank you for the information Charlie, although we already know that Ben Hope had already had a history of violence and had forcefully pushed himself upon you in the past, we had no idea he had gone further than that, thank you for telling us."

Charlie nodded, keeping his eyes on Ben at all times, who kept his head low, his eyes dark with anger. The judge continued,
"We are going to keep this short Charlie, the amount of evidence against this boy is overwhelming, and repeated witness reports of his violence in the past does not help him either. But, before we can convict anyone. Please, Ben Hope, please your case."

The next fifteen minutes were spent with Ben's lawyer throwing out every excuse in the book, being proved wrong with much more evidence than they had of him being violence and guilty and Ben's temper going all over the place, the judge finally stated the charges.

"And now, Ben Hope, I'm sorry but you have been found guilty on all charges, including attempted aggravated murder, rape, assult of cops and inmates on multiple different occasions, repeated violence, you get 28 years in prison, and because you're not an adult yet your years were brought down quite a lot, but possible re-evaluation after you have turned 18 could happen. We'll just have to monitor your behaviour."

Charlie shuddered as he heard the scream of Ben's mother as she started sobbing into her husband's arms, and he felt bad. But it was their sons fault that this happened not his. He was not allowed to be blamed for this, as Nick had made clear to him.

The crowd bursting into conversation, some happy about his sentence, some angry that it was to much or to little, and then the people that were upset and thought that he deserved to be free, which were mainly Ben's family.

                                    -

The judge dismissed everyone and congratulated Charlie on his win in the trail and Charlie dryly excepted it, not really sure if he should be celebrating putting someone in prison. And then hugged his family and Nick as they drove back home to 'celebrate'.

Nick held onto Charlie tight,
"I know how hard that was for you." Nick said, rubbing his back comfortingly. Charlie laughed nervously,
"Atleast I did it, and it helped that you were there to jump onto Ben if I needed you to." Charlie said, chuckling. Nick blushed and put a hand to his neck,
"Yeah... Well I could've taken him and I should've!" He said, slamming his first down on his hand,
"I know you could've." Charlie said, snuggling up against Nick's neck for warmth.

Tori rolled her eyes as she was sitting next to them in the car, Charlie's parents didn't hear the cheeseyness from the front of the car where they were blasting the radio.
"Okay I'm going to throw up if you to keep talking." Tori said, putting a hand to her mouth and gagging. Charlie rolled his eyes,
"Thank you too Tori, I wouldn't have even gone back into that courtroom if it wasn't for you." Charlie said, turning to face her.

Tori rolled her eyes at him,
"Well mum and dad would've killed me if I didn't bring you back." She said, turning away from him and smiling softly to herself.

They went home and had a big meal, joking and laughing together, Charlie didn't speak to much, but shared the joy in the room with everyone. This was the first step he needed to take, and he did it, maybe he could get better, maybe he could move past what had happened. Not on his own though, if he didn't have who he had around him, he wouldn't have ever taking that step. He needed to stop taking them for granted, they really were important people, the most amazing friends, family, and boyfriend he could ever ask for. How did he get so lucky to have people like them around him? He didn't know, but he was glad they were all there for him, as he would always be there for them.

(Was meant to post this a week ago, but forgot to click the button. Sorry for all of the sentimental stuff, should've given a warning lol. Hope you're enjoying this story, I'm loving all of the comments, please tell me how I can continue to improve. Have a good day EVERONE, LOVE YOU ALL💖💖💖)