I am capable

(Context of what I've been doing since I've posted, it's now at 1,900)

"Okay we've practiced this before, you just lift yourself up and then-" Charlie cut his doctor off,
"Don't worry! I know what I'm doing!" Nick chuckled from the side of Charlie's bed, obviously he had to be there by his side, as much as he could anyway. Right now, Charlie was attempting to stand on crutches, and that just wasn't something a boyfriend could miss.

Charlie's entire lower body from the ribs was extremely damaged, he had one broken leg and one bruised one, walking even on crutches was a task. It didn't help that his arms were also, bruised and damaged, and he was not strong in the arms to begin with. So the odds were very much against him. But still, Charlie wanted to try, he had done it for a few moments before, why couldn't he do it again. Doctor Harris recommended they bring in a physical therapist to help him and give him the right information, but he denied, saying he just needed to lift himself up.

So here they were, Nick encouraging Charlie, and Charlie being consistent on the fact that he was strong enough to use the crutches.
Charlie was wearing one of Nick's hoodies, mainly to cover up the remaining hickeys on his Nick and because it was Nick's, duh.

Charlie took a deep breath, looking once more at Charlie, his adorably encouraging smile that made him blush. You can do this, you can do this, Charlie repeated in his mind. He he grabbed onto the crutches tight, making sure they were stable on the ground before lifting himself up. He then slowly and with struggle lifted himself up from the bed, he put all of the pressure on his bruised leg, balancing on that leg. He breathed out happily, standing up once more felt nice. Nick cheered, clapping happily. Charlie smiled softly at him, not wanting to celebrate just yet.

He moved his crutch forward his arm shook and he placed it back down. He then moved the other, in the same place opposite, okay, we are going good so far, how long is that going to last. Charlie thought negatively. He pushed himself forward, using his crutches, but his arms were weak and useless, they couldn't hold up much longer. His arms gave in and he fell, gasping and braving himself. Nick jumped up from the wall he was leaning on, catching Charlie in his arms.

Charlie took a moment to realise he hadn't hit the ground, looking up to see Nick kind face smiling,
"You did so well." Nick said enthusiastically, he was only met with Charlie scoffing as Nick gently placed him back on the end of his bed, where he was sat before. Doctor Harris spoke next,
"You really are making improvements Charlie. Even if you cannot grasp the crutches you can use a wheelchair. And I even think that in a couple of days you will be out of here. It's a really great and quick healing process your body has made." Doctor Harris said, jotting something down quickly onto his notepad. Charlie bearly muttered an 'Uh-huh' and Doctor Harris left the room, a smile on his face.

Nick expected Charlie to be atleast happy of his achievement, and the fact that he would be let go so early. But he looked back at Charlie and there was nothing but an angry look on his face, as he looked down at the ground. Nick raised an eyebrow,
"Char'? Are you alright? Why are you upset?" Nick asked, his face going worried in case Charlie hurt himself. Charlie sighed, it was a shaky breath,
"I really thought I would do better." He said quietly. Nick went over to his bed and sat by Charlie,
"No! Charlie you did so well!" Nick said, putting a gentle arm around Charlie's shoulder. Charlie sniffed, Nick saw he was crying,
"I'm sorry, I don't want to bother you. I just... Didn't think I could fail even that."

Nick shook his head,
"No sorry's, you've never bothered me. An what do you mean fail, I'm pretty sure you did well for how 'weak' you say you are." Charlie smiled at him sadly,
"Don't say that, I couldn't defend myself, I had to make you all upset. And I can't even stand on crutches, what am I going to do? I'm useless. I just wanted to show that I was capable of something" Charlie said, leaning on Nick at the last sentence. Nick's eyes fell, he didn't know what to say, no matter what he said Charlie wouldn't believe it. Charlie constantly thought Nick was sick of his whining, and that just wasn't true, but he didn't know how to convince him that he cared.

So he just pulled Charlie close and kissed him, saying quietly into his ear,
"You'll never be useless in my eyes, you are everything to me." Charlie blushed and didn't have enough time to see Nick pulling him into the kiss, his eyes widening in surprise. Nick pulled away and Charlie laughed, wiping this tears,
"You cheesy bastard." Charlie said, bumping Nick shoulder and smiling. Nick chuckled aswell, glad that Charlie was laughing once more.

Sure, Charlie was like this, bruised up, upset, his mental health was definitely not improving from this. Maybe he was harder to love than other people, people thought he was annoying according to Charlie right? And yeah, he could get bullied pretty badly. But so what? No matter what, even if Charlie was at his lowest, Nick was adamant that he would stay by his side. No matter what, he wanted to be there, he needed to be there.