Understanding

"So his not at home?" Nick asked, on the phone with Charlie's mother,
"I'm afraid not, but as soon as he returns I will tell you, I know how much you care about him." Charlie's mother replied, her voice soft and comforting,
"Thank you so much Mrs Spring." Nick said, hanging up. He flopped down onto his couch, burying his face into a cushion. He knew Charlie was safe, afterall he was with Tori, what worried him more was where they had gone, and when they were coming back. But the worst thing he was thinking of, was what they would do once they came back.

Charlie probably never wanted to see him again, he made that sound pretty clear. But he just wanted to help him, he just wanted him to be okay. Had he been to clingy? To upsessive and caring, did he make Charlie sick of him? Would they ever speak again, or was Charlie finished with him? Was their relationship over, after all of what they had been through?

Surely not, he loved Charlie, and Charlie loved him right? But what if it was fake, what if he just did it to not hurt Nick's feelings? But that wouldn't make sense, Charlie had a crush on him, at first. But maybe it was just a stupid crush. It was never like that to Nick though, it meant something to him.

And someone that meant so much to him was not just shoving him away like that, not after everything. But what could he do about it, right now he was just helpless.

"Okay, your pity party is over." Nick looked up from his pillow and saw his mum standing above him,
"Come on, my son doesn't do that." Nick looked at his mother,
"Well then you don't know your son very well then." Nick replied rudely.

Nick's mum stared at him for a moment,
"Nick Nelson, were you just rude to your mother?" Nick's mother was incredibly taken back, Nick was never ever rude, to anyone, especially not her.

Nick sat up from the couch, he buried his face in his hands,
"I know, I know, I'm so sorry, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm just upset." Nick said, his voice muffled by his hands. Nick's mom sighed and sat next to Nick, placing a hand around his shoulder,
"Honey, he's fine, you know that." Nick's mum said, knowing what had happened between Nick and Charlie by a breef teary explanation from Nick as he got dropped off by Charlie's parents about an hour and a half ago.

Nick looked at his mum,
"That's not what I'm worried about, I'm worried about if he'll ever speak to me again, I just wanted to help him get better." Nick said, looking away quickly and wiping a year away.

Nicks mum's face dropped, she stared sadly at her son, all of his love was focused on Charlie, he was just so worried about his well being, it made her her melt.
"I know baby, it'll be okay, he is getting better, you really have helped him." She hugged Nick, and he cried silently,
"Did I try to hard to help him though, did I annoy him so much that he just got sick of me?" Nick said. Nick's mum shook her head,
"No! No Nick! He'd never think that, he lived you, I can tell! He'll come back baby, we all know he will, and you'll be the first one he'll want to see."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Nick's mum looked confused as she rubbed her son's back one more time before going to answer the door. Nick looked at her as she went down the hall, sighing sadly, smiling at his mum even though she could not see him, he'd be back.

He heard a gasp, and looked from the couch to see who was out the door, he couldn't see much, but he did see some messy curly black hair peeking out from Infront of his mum. His eyes went wide, he got up from the couch quickly running to the door. His mother moved out of the way for him,
"I told you he'd be back." She said, leaving them alone.

The two stood in silence, staring at eachother, Charlie looked at Nick's year stained face, and guilt bubbled up inside of him.

Nick just stared at Charlie in disbelief,
"I'm so sorry." Charlie said, looking down in shame, Nick stayed silent,
"Do you love me?" Nick finally said, Charlie was caught aback by the question, but answered completely truthfully,
"Yes, I love you more then... I know how to explain." Charlie said, scratching the back of his head for words.

Nick sighed,
"Do you? Because you seemed so scared of me, when I tried to comfort you, even touch you." Nick's face was serious, he seriously didn't know wether Charlie loved him, or if he was just sick of him, or worse, scared of him.

Charlie looked at Nick in shock,
"What, no I'm not scared of you! I really love you! I do! It's just... Difficult." Charlie looked away again, how could he explain, without hurting Nick more.

"I know it's difficult, but you know I'll understand! No matter what, no matter where, no matter what crazy shit you're dealing with, I'm going to listen, and I'm going to do my best to help you... If you want me to." Nick said, making eye contact with Charlie.

Charlie simply nodded,
"I know you will, you always have. But I just don't... I can't... It's so hard to... I know I-" Nick interrupted Charlie.
"You don't have to explain right know Char', Take your time." Nick said, smiling in his famous way.

Charlie blushed and smiled back, hugging Nick,
"I'm so sorry, I really didn't mean to say those things, I was just so annoyed with everyone." Charlie said, shame in his voice. Nick sighed,
"I know you are Charlie, it was just so weird to here you say that stuff to me, it felt so..."
"Not us?" Charlie finished his sentence for him,
"Yeah" Nick said, smiling sadly.
"Well it's never happening again okay? I'm trying to be more honest from now on." Charlie said, chuckling,
"You better be, I hate arguing!" Nick said, making a sad face. Charlie laughed softly,
"I know you do." He smiled at Charlie, Charlie went pulled Nick's face down and kissed him,
"I really do love you."

Nick kissed him back and lifted him up off of his crutches, the crutches fell to the floor as he held him up bridal style,
"I love you too."