Chapter 15

The bus arrived at the stop. The group across the road signalled the driver to wait as they crossed the road. I took my seat next to Tabby and I told her about the house. What I liked was that we weren't talking about the subject I was avoiding; Mum. She wouldn't want me to mope and cry about it for my whole life. As she said in the note, she wants me to be able to live my life through good times and bad.

The bus parked up outside Hermes and everyone filed off the bus and made their way to the entrance. I had English first period but Tabby had Biology which is on the other side of the building so we went our separate ways.

As I was walking (with the wind ever-so-gracefully knocking me from side-to-side) someone tapped me on the shoulder. Xander.

"Hey! Are you making your way to English?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you like?"

He nodded, "Good! We can walk and talk."

At the point where, if you take a left turn, you end up at the bike sheds, right is English, Xander directed me left. "Err, Xand, hun. Ho long have you been to this school? English is that way" I said pointing to the right.

"I know, I know. But I need to tell you something and it may take a while."

"When do you next have a free period, can we talk then? Because I'm kind of failing in English..." I trailed off as I looked up. His face said "Do I look like the type of man to wait?" but his words were "I don't have any free time today. But if you're slacking so much in English then I guess it can wait till break."

We walked in silence to English. I was thinking of all the possible (worst) assumptions. Rape. He's going to confess his love to me. He's going to kill me. Kiss me? No! He wouldn't do that! He's my friend. Friends don't kiss each other, unless it's beneficial...

Once we got to class, we apologised for being late and took our seats. The lesson flew by. I took notes, did my work. Just like nothing happened yesterday. 'Cause that's what you have to do when a love one dies. They don't want you upset. They never want you to be upset. So you just have to live your life like they're watching you succeed.

Next period was free for me so I just went to the school library to revise.

**Break**

I sat on a bench outside, waiting for Xander. He came out of the Music room, saw me, and gestured for me to follow him. I stood and scurried along to where he was going. The Bike Shed. If this isn't rape then I don't know what is.

"You like Seth don't you?"

"W-WHAT" I spurted out, "Of course not!"

"Well I think he might be going to make a move on you soon. But he's troubled, you understand right? You know his story?" He carried on.

"I don't even like him like that. Sure, as a friend maybe but that's all." It's true. The sparks weren't flying in this internet love fest.

"Oh.. Well.. Just stay safe."

"I will, Xand. I'm old enough to look after myself."

"Okay, I was just making sure." He leaned in and planted a kiss on my forehead. This action caused multiple things. Burning face, a stupid smile, butterfly's in my stomach, and my heart raced. Through all these consequences, Xander must've took off because when I looked up, he was gone and Seth was a few strides away. Did he see that? I smiled and turned to go to Art.

"Anastasia! Wait up!" He yelled.

I stopped and waited for him to approach me. "What is it?"

"I have something I need to get off my chest. I really like you."

"I like you too." I can put money on that my 'like' isn't the same as his.

"Really? Do you want to go on a date with me?"

Fuck.

"Date? Erm, Seth. I mean't I like you as a friend. Nothing more than a friend."

"Oh. Er, that's, er, that's fine. I-I'm sorry I didn't know what I was thinking. Of course you don't like me. You like Xander. Where is that prick?"

"Seth, have you never had rejection?" I retorted.

"Oh I've had rejection many fucking times. But friendzoned? That's another matter."

"God, I'm sorry, do you not want to be friends? We can live under the same roof and not be friends. That's possible, right?" I tried my best to calm him down before he took his anger out on Xander. But low and behold, Xander was stood around the corner, peeping his head round ever so often. Seth caught me staring behind him so he turned around. At that exact second, Xander was fully out in site. He stepped away but it was too late. Seth's fury took over and he pelted towards Xander.

"Oi! Don't you dare try to escape! Why do you always steal my girl, you fucking bellend!?" Seth spat.

"Hey! Why do you always blame this on me? Maybe your just not boyfriend material," Xander said, backing up.

"Oh and you are? With you shitty pop punk music? I bet Ana likes One Direction and shit like that."

"Actually she doesn't. If you took the time to sit and get to know her, then maybe you'd know that!" Xander yelled back.

***
Ooo, drama llama! Bit of a big change in storyline, sorry i keep changing it haha. As you can tell im not used to writing arguements or fights (or sex scenes, but thats a different matter.) Hope you enjoyed it!

Issy x