8

NOSIPHO

I rubbed my eyes and opened them only to find the prince walking up and down holding his phone. He turned to look at me and his face was so..furious.
He covered it up with a fake smile.
Lethu  : morning.
Nosipho : morning prince
He looked at me walking towards the bed.  He sat down and faced me.
Lethu : please call me lethu.
Nosipho  : you are a prince
Lethu : but also a human being.  I prefer the name more than the title i was born with.
Nosipho : sorry.
Lethu : dont be.
He smiled
Nosipho  : i want to attend my mother's funeral
Lethu : i'll accompany you there. I also want to go meet someone so i will come back and take you after an hour and half.
Nosipho  : don't worry. I'll be staying with my mom's relatives.

His fingers kept playing with the phone.
He looked at the door hoping some one will come in. When his phone ringed he stood up and answerd it without looking at the caller

Lethu : where did you get the video.?
He asked furiously but then breathed out
Lethu : morning dad.
He looked annoyed and placed it on speaker sitting down at the table study.

King : which video makes you sound violent like this.? Did you start with your naked videos again lethukhanya.? Even when you have a girlfriend.?
Lethu : what.?? No i haven't..wait which girlfriend now. Is there any girl that came to the palace.?
King : your sisters told us everything.
He looked at me with his mouth hanging open.
King : am so proud of you son.
Lethu : they did.?
King : your mother is fixing the breakfast table today. She wants to meet her daughter in-law
The king sounded happy and his voice was getting melodically. The prince was just looking at me and i was so embarrassed and shy. They think i date the prince..i myself never thought of it
King : bring her for breakfast just to make you mother happy. You know she woke up like an early bird.

LETHUKHANYA

First i got a video of me hitting nosipho with a car..then this.
I looked at her on bed and i couldn't figure if she is mad or dangerously angry but then she heard everything the king and i are talking about.

Lethu  : dad please come on. Tell mom that she is not feeling well.
King : am young to be killed by your mother .
Lethu : but..
King : its still 6 so you got the whole hour son.
Lethu : dad...

He disconnected the call.  Am dead.
I walked to bed and hold my fingers.
Lethu : can you play a game with me.
I shake my head no still suprised that they think am his girl.
Lethu : its just for two hours then the next day i'll tell them that we broke up.
Nosiphp : i want to attend my mother's funeral.
Lethu : i will take you there after this breakfast i promise
Nosipho : i dont know about you
Lethu : I'll tell you anything.

He looked at me and i couldnt believe him for a minute.

....

He brought me clothes to fit in and he told me few things about him. I got to say his personality is good. He only loves to explore the world and having fun.  He keeps on looking at his phone continuously.

We got to the palace and i was nervous to even go out of the car. I looked out of the window and saw the king and queen waiting at the door with the two princesses and guards.
Lethu : am getting out of the car and i will ...
Nosipho : dont carry me please.
Lethu : ok. I'll hold your hand.
I smiled
Lethu : thank you for helping out.
I continued to smile not knowing what to say next. He held my hands and rubbed them in his then kissed them. He got out and he is the one that opened my door side even when we had two guards in the car to do it for him. Then the next thing they will say i bewitched him.
He hands out his hand and i got out avoiding the small pains on my legs.
He looked at me with a smile.

I was wearing a blue dress that at least covered my knees and fluffy sleepers.  He said i should wear comfortable things cause he dont care about impressing anyone.  He orded this dress this morning.  Lethu : good morning.
King : you are five minutes late thats why i forced an army to stand on the door.
The king and queen giggles
Lethu : i had to plead
I smiled
King : oh really.?
The king laughed
Nosipho : he is lying. Good morning your highnesses
I did a small bow and smiled
Queen : morning dear. 
King : come in please..am hungry

He said going in the door. The two princesses looked at me as if they can shoot me in a minute.
We also walked in. He was holding me like a gentle man and making sure that i feel less pains.

Lethu : first step is done. Thank you.
He smiled.
Nosipho : i never thought i will speak.
Lethu : you shocked me too.
We got to the table full of food and i now wished time could snap.
King : your mother did all this with the maids.
Bianca : her arrival turned the queen into a maid.
Dolly : isnt it heart warming.
King : oh it is heart warming to have such a good queen. It reminds me the day when i got a job. My mother cooked for me.
The king smiled and the princess sat down angry.
The prince opened the chair for me and i sat down right next to his chair.

We started our breakfast and i got to say. The queen and king are people to chat with. I can say about their daughters that much but its like the king had saved points for them before breakfast.  The prince cant stop to smile
I looked at him slicing a pancake and put it in his mouth . His throat lump attracted my eyes when he swallowed. He caught me and i noticed him blush. He looked at the plate smiling.
Queen : let me steal her for a while.
She smiled standing up.
Lethu : but..
Queen : am joking. She will be back in a minute.
Lethu : ok.
He stood up and helped me to stand.
Bianca : will you also help her to go to the toilet.
She smiled chewing her food
King : get married and you will understand.

The queen smiled and held my hand. We both walked to a room filled with books and i guess its a study room.

LETHUKHANYA

Father and i walked to the garden.
King : your mother and i met at the river. She was singing while crying.
Lethu : you told me this story many times father
King : cause i cant forget the day i met an Angel.
To the think of it. Nosipho and i met in a harsh way.
Lethu : remember the day i went hunting.
King : yes..i sent you alone cause you uncle said so in my dreams.
He smiled
Lethu : the ancestral snake was on her right shoulder that day. I realized later that the snake wasnt going to bite her but it was listening to her humming a song out.
He turned and looked at me
King : then she is the one you were crying for when you were born.
Lethu : its difficult . We dont have a strong bond.
King : yet.
Lethu : even if i tried. It wont work.
King : how do you know if you haven't tried.
Lethu : i dont want to try when i know well i will fail
King : are you giving up.?
Lethu : i dont want to break her futher father
King : oh dear god. I should have use a condom that night. Now i see wonders
Lethu : father.!
King : no you are a sin. She is the choosen one from your uncle ntsika. But you are leaving her for beasts to hurt ger more than you will out there. If you get another girl then know how deeply am dissapointed at you.