Mates

Mates play a central role in many werewolf stories, and they bring about various themes and plot twists. Here's a summary of what you need to know about mates in werewolf lore:

**Finding Mates:**

- Werewolves find their mates through a combination of speaking to their human counterparts and using their sense of smell. Fate plays a significant role in bringing mates together.

- Mates are able to detect each other's scent, and physical contact is often necessary to confirm their compatibility.

- The wolf within a werewolf instinctively recognizes its mate, often with a howl of "MATE."

**Effects of Mates:**

- Mates are naturally drawn to each other, and their presence has a calming effect on one another.

- They share a unique bond that allows them to comfort and support each other, particularly during times of emotional distress.

- Mates can experience deep, unconditional love for each other.

**Age of Finding Mates:**

- The age at which werewolves find their mates varies depending on the author's interpretation. It typically ranges from 16 to 18 years old.

- Some authors may impose rules that both mates must reach a certain age before they can be together, even if one is older.

**Mating Process:**

- The mating process involves several steps, including finding each other, marking, and consummating their bond.

- Marking typically involves biting each other on the necks and making a claim on one another.- The physical aspect of the mating process is often referred to in various euphemisms.

**Rejection:**

- In some werewolf stories, mates have the option to reject each other if they do not wish to be together.

- Rejection is typically formalized by saying a specific phrase, such as "I, [name], [rank] of the [pack], reject you, [mate's name], as my mate."

- Rejection can be emotionally and physically painful, potentially even deadly for the rejected mate. However, it is not complete until the rejected mate accepts the rejection.

The concept of mates adds layers of complexity and drama to werewolf narratives, as it explores themes of destiny, love, and personal choice. Each author may put their unique spin on these aspects of werewolf lore to create engaging and unique stories.

A/N: Many authors, however, have their own methods of explaining for readers depending on their references.

***I did not own those pictures. I use Pinterest to get them.***