11| Mark of Desperation

Start from the beginning

His deep groan wrapped around me as I got more intimate with my touch, my hands descending further until they reached the culprit of his arousal. My heart skipped a beat as my hand settled against the bulge straining against the thick layer of fabric that separated us, his breaths getting louder and louder as I pushed the base of my palm against his erection, testing the waters and waiting for his reaction.

A deep moan travelled from the base of his throat, his eyes opening to take me in once again, but this time my gaze was focused downwards.

"You're all mine now—all fucking mine." He let out a guttural snarl and I preened under his possessive words, my hands moving again, this time more confidently as I felt his legs widening in response to my touch.

My body shifted against his, and I gasped as my palms curved around the size of him, my words pushing past my lips before my mind could comprehend them.

"You feel so big," I murmured, sensing the way he froze under my unintentional praise.

It was like time stopped as he simmered under it, the mirth in his eyes dispersing as the heavy hold of his hands slackened against my legs. He pulled one of them back completely before he let out a feral growl, his fingers tipping my head back as the sound of his wolf echoed across the smooth stone and vibrated in my bones.

"Get up." He told me, my gaze glassy as I took in the sudden seriousness of his demeanour.

"What?" I stuttered stupidly, not understanding the intention behind his command.

If I listened to him I would no longer be in his lap, and if I was no longer in his lap my grasp on him would fall away. I'd been trying my best to close in on the unnecessary distance between us and now—

"Get up, little moon—we're not doing this here and with those desperate sounds you keep on making, I'm not sure if I have much patience left in me." His words were hoarse as he watched the disappointment flicker on my face.

"But I—"

His fingers splayed around my chin, pulling downwards until they wrapped around my throat in a light warning.

"Considering our last two encounters with each other it seems to me that you like the idea of me punishing you. I could bring you over my knee in front of all your friends if you'd like?" He dared me as he straightened his spine, stunning me into silence and distracting me just enough as he moved against my desperate need to cling onto him. In my state of shocked arousal, he guided me from his lap, his hands settling steadily against my hips.

I was on my feet again without much thought, my heartbeat picking up its pace as he stared up at me like this, his nostrils flaring as he took in the sweetened aroma I had created around us.

Without another word he lifted himself from his seat, turning me around and pushing me in front of him as he moved me towards the opening in the corner of the cavern.

"Lead the way, little moon." He said from behind me, the tension falling away and replacing itself with so much anxiety.

In theory, I knew everything that was going to happen next. I craved every part of it, but as I led him to one of the prepared bed chambers in a place where we would be alone and able to memorise every inch of our bodies, the haze of the claiming ceremony was slowly falling away with every step I took.

I was beginning to falter as I moved us towards our new destination, and although I was filled with the excitement of our new bond, and now that my thoughts were starting to clear from the lust, I couldn't help but begin to fester on the fact that our relationship had started out on an outright lie.