Chapter 9🔥

I slowly wake up to the weird sensation of something wet against my skin. I open my eyes and flinch away from the feeling. And sitting on the bed next to me is a grinning Grayson, holding a damp cloth. I huff at his response to my reaction. It takes me a while to realise why Grayson is holding a wet cloth but soon enough last night comes back to me.

"You're pretty much all clean now but you can use the ensuite if you need. I'm just going to quickly wash the sheets because well, they're a little dirty," Grayson smiles.

I huff at him again and stand up before realising I'm completely naked. I quickly grab the shirt at my feet, clearing tossed aside last night, and cover myself. Grayson chuckles and walks over to me.

"Don't worry Alexie, I saw everything last night." Grayson looks my body up and down patently.

He grabs the sheets off the bed and makes his way out of the room, but not before one more teasing remark.

"By the way, I'm eventually going to need the shirt you're holding against your cock back."

I throw the shirt away from myself and listen as Grayson laughs his way out of the room. I sigh and decide to clean myself up. I have a quick shower before finally putting on some clothes. I walk out of the ensuite and I'm suddenly pushed to the ground. I land with a thud and quickly a man is pinning me down with his forearm against my neck. I look up at him in utter shock. Who the fuck is this!? He has strawberry blonde hair and brown eyes and I decide that I've definitely never seen this man before in my life. Suddenly he draws a knife from his waist and holds it up to stab me. I do the only thing I can think of, I kick him in the balls. He groans and clutches his manhood and I manage to crawl away a few meters. I turn my head for a second to find a weapon but then I scream. I turn back to see the knife in my left leg. I can't explain the amount of pain coursing through me but the adrenaline keeps me going. I grab a lamp from the table behind me and hit him as hard as I can across the head. He looks disorientated but he's definitely still conscious. He quickly grabs my neck and squeezes.

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask while grasping at my neck.

"You, and him, dead," he replies.

I can feel the blood rushing and start to get light-headed. Everything starts spinning a little and I can barely hear my gasps for air anymore. I close my eyes and prepare myself for the end, but luckily the pressure on my neck suddenly disappears. I open my eyes and just as I suspected, Grayson is beating someone up... again. He must of heard my scream and for that I'm very fucking thankful. As the adrenaline in my body calms down, the pain in my leg becomes more prominent. Before long it's as though I can feel every nerve in my leg screaming for help. I've never been good with blood and right now, there's a lot of it. I start to pant and let out muffled screams. Refocusing on the scene in front of me I realise my attacker is laying unconscious on the floor, and Grayson is kneeling in front of me.

"Alexie, you're going to be ok, I promise. Just try to stay conscious, can you do that for me?" Grayson asks with clear worry in his voice.

I try to focus on his face but everything keeps going out of focus. Even his voice sounds like it's coming from behind glass.

"Y-yeah I-I'm fine," I say.

Almost immediately after opening my mouth I completely forget what I said. And I forget what Grayson asked. Then all I can focus on is the pain. The pain sprouting from my leg and spreading like a toxic vine up my body. It's worse then anything I've ever felt before and worse than anything I though I'd ever feel. I can feel myself losing consciousness and I welcome it with open arms. Anything to take away the pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------