Chapter 6🔥

ALEXIE'S POV

I wake up lying on Grayson's chest. I quickly sit up and thank the universe that he's still asleep. I don't think I could ever live down the embarrassment of waking up lying on another man's chest. I carefully get out of bed and make my way to the ensuite. I wash my face to get rid of the feeling of old tears. I blush when I remember Grayson wiping away said tears last night and holding me because I have a fear of fucking fireworks. I manage to sneak out of the bathroom and into the hallway without waking Grayson. I make my way downstairs and into the kitchen to get a glass of water but when I open the fridge, something much more appealing reveals itself to me. Sitting there on the second-highest shelf in the stupidly large fridge is a bottle of very expensive-looking alcohol. I retrieve it to discover that it is an entire litre of vodka. That means 22 shots, which means today is going to be a lot better than yesterday.

I take the bottle, some glasses, and whatever soft drinks and juices I can find in the fridge into the lounge room. I would usually feel guilty for taking someone else's drinks without asking but Grayson kidnapped me so this is fine. Plus he can always join me later, I'm just going to get a little head start. I turn on the TV and to my surprise, a Netflix account has already been set up. Today is going to be even better than I originally thought! I go to open the bottle but something feels wrong. I mean I did just wake up and if I start drinking now I probably won't do much else for the day. I look at the digital clock on the wall and realise that it's actually already 1 pm and I probably just slept in.

"Oh well, it's happy hour somewhere," I mumble to myself and open the bottle.

I pour myself a shot and just like that, the drinking begins.

GRAYSON'S POV

I reach across the bed in hopes of finding Alexie's perfectly thin waist to grab onto and pull toward me but to my disappointment, all I find is a bundle of sheets and pillows. Alexie's side is cold, meaning he must have gotten up a while ago. I tiredly get out of bed and notice the clock on my bedside table reads 3 pm. I first assume the clock is wrong but when I check my phone it displays the same number. I haven't slept for more than 4-5 hours per night in the past few years, not from lack of trying. Since becoming responsible for such a large company it's been hard to get enough sleep. My brain seems to always be on the go and it just seems wrong lying in bed when I could be doing something to help my company grow or even just continue its success. My only explanation is Alexie. He is the only thing that's changed. I'm just more relaxed around him and nothing outside of our little bubble seems to matter. I don't think I'd even notice if my company was crashing and burning if I was in the company of Alexie. He unknowingly steals all of my attention and I gladly give it.

I go to find the man that constantly inhabits my thoughts but what I find is not what I expect. I walk downstairs and into the lounge room to find Alexie lying upside down on the couch. It takes me a while to notice the half-drank bottle of vodka on the table but when I do, I can feel rising anger inside me.

"Are you drunk?" I ask angrily.

"Hahaha no," Alexie lies with a massive grin on his face.

I don't specifically know why I'm angry but the thought of my Alexie being intoxicated just doesn't sit right with me. And while I wasn't here to protect him? What if he hurt himself or someone else tried to and he didn't have the sense to call for me? I storm over to the table and pick up what's left of the vodka bottle. I'm about to go put it back when Alexie grabs onto my ankle.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

The way he's looking up at me makes me melt. He's looking at me like a child would look at a parent that's taking their toy. He looks sad and confused and it sends an ache through my chest. I kneel down as Alexie slides off the couch and sits crossed-legged on the floor.