Chapter 1

⚠️This chapter contains some violence and sexual harassment⚠️

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALEXIE'S POV SIX YEARS LATER

Fergus, our driver, pulls up to the entrance of a large warehouse in our white van with a 'Fresh Fruit and Vegetables' sign on the side. A man guarding the entrance walks up to the side window. His right hand is cautiously on his gun that's currently still strapped ot his waist. He signals to wind down the window and Fergus complies.

"You're at the wrong place. We have no deliveries scheduled," the man explains.

"This is the address I was given, this must be the right place," Fergus lies.

"Sir, you need to turn around now or-" The man is cut off when he's hit over the head with the barrel of a gun.

The man falls to the ground and Gracie, the muscle of our group, is standing behind him. Despite her innocent sounding name, she is anything but. Her bright red dyed buzz cut and countless tattoos are a better tell to her personality. Although most in our group share similar out-going features. I prefer to stay inconspicuous.

After moving the body, Gracie jumps back in the van and we head into the warehouse. We don't drive in very far before parking the van and loading up. Fergus stays in the driver's seat, ready with a fast getaway. Gracie, Sam and Ryder strap guns to themselves and collect enough duffle bags to carry the drugs. I, on the other hand, don't like to get my hands too dirty. In fact, I'm the distraction, arguably the most important job. I'm the one that goes in first, assesses the situation and gets everyone's attention so the others have the aspect of surprise.

"As far as I know, they have ten men escorting the product to a truck that will be sent to the recipients of the product. Whatever's in the truck already, we leave. There should be majority of it still in the warehouse. If it's not, Alex that's your job to call it off, understood?" Sam asks me.

"Got it," I reply.

"Gracie, Ryder and me will go in guns blazing and take out as many guards as we can. Alex you then start loading the duffle bags and the rest of us will join you after the guards are no longer an issue. We get out smoothly and it's up to Fergus to get us out of here. Everyone good?"

Everyone nods and we prepare for an intense next ten minutes. We quietly walk through the warehouse until we hear voices. Large shipping containers are scattered around the space and we take advantage of that and spread out to hide behind a few. I sneak closer to the voices, using my below average height and slim build to my advantage. Eventually I have a clear view of what's going down. It's pretty much exactly what we expected. The only difference is that there are twelve men escorting the drugs, not ten. But that shouldn't be an issue.

I give the other's the signal that this job is worth it and so far everything is going as planned. I step out from where I was hiding and instantly all guns are on me.

"HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE!" a man yells.

"Woah, what? This definitely isn't the right strip club. That damn pigeon!" I scream random nonsense and act as if I'm too drunk to know where I am.

"Who are you?! Where did you come from?! What are you doing here?!" another man yells.

"Oh sorry, how rude of me. I am from None-ya Business and I'm here to rob you." I smile at them sweetly.

They look at me and each other confused until Gracie, Sam and Ryder come out from their hiding spots raining bullets. Just as I expected a full-out gun war starts. Bodies are falling to the ground and bullets are lacing the floor. I quickly grab a duffle from the ground and stuff bags of white powder and pills into it. Before long all the guards are lying on the floor either unconscious or dead and the others are also filling bags. Loud sirens start going off, a sign that we don't have long. I've already finished loading my section of drugs when something catches my eye. The truck that was initially taking the drugs out of here is left wide open and at least double of what I've already packed is sitting there, completely unattended. I know we're only supposed to take what's easy to access and not what's in the trucks but I don't think about it too much. We don't have enough time to think and that much more product could be the difference between me being able to pay my rent this week. I run over to the truck and start filling another duffle bag. Not only is there more in here but this stuff is much better quality too!