Chapter 8🔥

ALEXIE'S POV

Strings of multi coloured fairy lights hang above the various stalls running along the street, illuminating the night sky. The stalls run wall-to-wall and each display beautiful looking food or eccentric pieces of art. We've been walking through this endless maze of light and colour for a few hours now and it's safe to say my legs feel like they're going to fall off. I tug on Grayson's arm to get his attention but when he turns to look at me he then quickly pulls me to the side of the market. When we stop I stand on my tippy toes to get as close to Grayson's face as I can. The large crowd doesn't make it easy to hear each other.

"Can we find somewhere to sit down? My feet hurt!" I have to yell just to be heard.

"Of course. Follow me," Grayson says.

As if I had any other choice anyway, he's holding onto my hand tightly and pulling me along. We navigate our way through the masses of people until we find an alley away from all the noise. The alley way is wide and there are some cardboard boxes lined up against the wall. I assume this is used for unloading trucks of stuff for the stalls. I lean against one of the walls and stretch my ankles to loosen my muscles. It's freezing outside and delicate snow flakes are falling from the sky to prove it. I thank myself for wearing a light pink puffer jacket over a white hoodie that's shielding me from the crispy, icy, winter air.

"How are you liking the market?" Grayson asks.

We decided to come here earlier today after the whole panic attack incident. It's called the Winter Night Market and apparently it's held every weekend of winter here.

"It's so pretty," I reply.

Grayson walks closer to me and places his hands on my hips. He looks me up and down before replying.

"Yes, it is."

He leans in until our lips are barely touching. He doesn't go any further, clearly wanting me to finish the action. My first instinct is to push him away and be ashamed that we were that close. But the events of this morning come rushing back and remind me that there's nothing to be afraid of when it's just Grayson and me.

"You think I want to kiss you that badly?" I tease.

"I know you want to kiss me that badly."

His hands slide down, away from my hips, until they rest on the back of my thighs, pulling my body harshly against his.

"I think I can drive you insane with how badly you want me," he continues.

His large hands move to my inner thighs and squeeze. I gasp but still don't connect our lips. He chuckles at my reaction. Then I feel his hand on my crotch. He runs his fingers along my waist band and across my growing crotch but never applies much pressure. I can feel myself getting fidgety. I subtly push my crotch out, desperate for more contact. Recognising what I'm doing, Grayson lessens the pressure even more.

"Are you seriously that petty?" I question sarcastically.

He leans down to whisper into my ear, "you underestimate the lengths I would go to just to get you to submit to me, to see you begging for my touch."

That sentence alone turned me on more than anything else.

"And you underestimate the lengths I would go to just to deprive you of that," I reply in a matching whisper.

"Are you sure about that? I seem to remember you moaning and begging underneath me not too long ago," he chuckles knowingly.

I open my mouth to retort but realise he does have a point. He grins at me, clearly happy at his victory. Suddenly a voice sounds from the end of the alley and his smile drops.