7 | Dress Shopping

Tommy
"Any idea of what you want?" Your mother asked fooling up from the rack of dresses. You were dress shopping with your mother, Polly, and Ada, You sighed and shrugged your shoulders "No Frills or ruffles, no lace or extra bits and not too big..." You rambled on "So we know what you don't want" Ara laughed "And we thought Tommy was picky" Polly added "It has to be perfect" You whispered, as you all continued looking through dresses "Ahhh" You suddenly squealed. But before anyone could see it, you pulled it off the rack and into a dressing room "She seems to like this one" Polly said softly "Fingers crossed" Ada smiled. You slid into the dress and stood silent for a few moments, admiring the dress alone. The soft white fabric hugged your body and dropped down at your waist. One strap went straight over your shoulder, the other going across your chest and then over your shoulder "Sweetheart, can we see?" Your mother asked. You opened the curtain and stepped out. They went silent: just looking at you "What do you think?" You asked "I love it, Alyssa, it's beautiful," Ada said "Oh my, you look gorgeous. Tommy will love it" Polly said, touching the bottom "Mum?" You asked. She sniffed and wiped her eyes "It's perfect" She whispered, pulling you into a hug "This is it" You smiled.

 She sniffed and wiped her eyes "It's perfect" She whispered, pulling you into a hug "This is it" You smiled

____________
Michael
"Can we try again next weekend? I'm tired and hungry" You whined. You were walking down a street in Birmingham filled with bridal stores "Just like Michael" Esme whispered to Grace, making them both laugh "Come on Sweetie, one more store" Your mother said. You walked into the store and they began looking around. You looked slowly; feeling disappointed that you hadn't found your dress yet. Polly pulled out a dress and smiled. Your mum walked over to her, her eyes lighting up "What about this?" Polly asks your mother. She nodded and touched the dress lightly "It's beautiful" "Liberty, darling. Try this one" Polly said, handing you the dress. You walked into the dressing room and without looking at the dress, you slid it on. Since the dress had to be tied up at the back, you couldn't do it on your own. You hold the bodice against your chest and looked in the mirror "Oh my god" You whispered, running a hand down your body and across the fabric. The beaded bodice was gorgeous and the skirt was soft and flowy "I think she found it" Your mother said. You walked out smiling for the first time that day "Can you tie it up?" You asked your mother. She nodded and gently pulled the ribbon at your back "It's lovely dear" Polly said, getting teary "I love it Libs" Esme added "You look beautiful; beautiful" Your mother smiled. You looked at yourself again in the mirror "It's the perfect dress for Michael's  Princess" Grace giggled.

____________John"That's enough, I already have 4 dresses to try" You laughed, shaking your head at them "Well go on then," Lizzie said, pushing into the dressing room

____________
John
"That's enough, I already have 4 dresses to try" You laughed, shaking your head at them "Well go on then," Lizzie said, pushing into the dressing room. The first dress was lacy: it wasn't your style. You placed the hanger with the dress on it against your body. It was pretty but something about it wasn't right. You hung the hanger on the other side of the room and looked at the next one "Everything alright dear?" Your mother asked "Yeah one second" You said, knowing that you would be longer. One look at the second dress and your face lit up. You gently unzipped it and slid it on. The white silky fabric was stunning; it hugged your body perfectly. You ran your fingers over the silver beaded belt around your waist; it was gorgeous "Priscilla" Polly began "Do you need help?" You quickly opened the door and you walked into the middle of the room, watching their reactions "Who chose this one?" You asked, looking at yourself in the full-length mirror. Your mum nodded and wiped a fallen tear off her cheek "You look amazing Cilla; John won't be able to keep his hands off you" Gina laughed "She's right, John will love it. It's beautiful, fits like a glove" Polly added "It's perfect min. I love it" You whispered, looking at her. She nodded again "I have never seen you this happy or beautiful"

____________Arthur"Let me know if you need any help," The store assistant said walking away "Actually" You called out making her turn around "I have an idea of what I want, could you help me find something?" You asked "Of course, that's my job" Sh...

____________
Arthur
"Let me know if you need any help," The store assistant said walking away "Actually" You called out making her turn around "I have an idea of what I want, could you help me find something?" You asked "Of course, that's my job" She nodded. You pulled a picture out of your bag that you ripped out of a bridal magazine "Something like this. I love the lace details" You said. Her smile grew "I have the perfect one. I'll go get it" You thanked her and walked back to where everyone was still browsing "Find anything, Anita?" Your mother asked. Just as you were about to answer, the assistant walked back in "It's in the dressing room for you" "I think so" You whispered and went to try it on. You stepped into the dress; the lace was soft and sat perfectly across your shoulders. It was long and hung beautifully "Honey, do you need any help?" Your mother asked "If it's not right, no worries, there are heaps of dresses" Polly reassured. You opened the door and walked out; the white fabric trailing behind you "It's gorgeous" Polly whispered "I love it" Ada added "Sweetheart, you look amazing, so beautiful" Your mother
whispered taking your hands "My baby is getting married" You squeezed her hand "This is the one" You said, running your hands gently over the lace.

 You opened the door and walked out; the white fabric trailing behind you "It's gorgeous" Polly whispered "I love it" Ada added "Sweetheart, you look amazing, so beautiful" Your motherwhispered taking your hands "My baby is getting married" You sq...