1 | Getting Permission {His Pov}

Tommy
I took a sip of my tea and placed it on the table in front of me "So Tommy, on the phone you said you had something important you wanted to talk to us about, what is it?" Alyssa's father asked, breaking the silence. I wiped my sweaty hands on my trousers "Honey, what's wrong? You are starting to scare us. I'm sure whatever it is, everything will be fine" Her mother added, touching my shoulder. I looked up at Alyssa's parents, sitting across from me at the table "I wanted to talk to you both about Alyssa. Don't panic it is nothing bad, I just wanted to do the right thing" I said "Ok we are listening" Nina said. I nodded and smiled weakly "I want to take the next step and propose to Alyssa, but not without your permission; both of you, I know how much you mean to Alyssa and I want you to know that I don't want to take her away from you, but I do want to spend the rest of my life with her; tell her how much I love her and how beautiful she is every day and-" I said before Nina spoke up "Oh my god, Warren," She said grabbing his hand and looking at him. I held my breath as I waited for their answer. He smiled and gently rubbed his wife's hand "I know you will look after her and give her everything she needs. I would love for you to be our son-in-law" He said. I jumped out of my chair and pulled them into a big hug "Thank you for trusting me with her"
___________
Michael
"Good hit Michael" Liberty's father encouraged as I watch the golf ball land pretty close to his. He lifted his golf bag over his shoulder and walked towards the balls "Thank you for inviting me today; I have enjoyed playing against you. You are pretty good" He laughed, lining up his next shot "Same Jeremy" I replied. I didn't see him hit the ball: I was thinking about Liberty and if I wanted to do this right, I had to ask now. I sighed and lifted my sunglasses off my eyes "Jeremy" I said seriously. He looked at me quickly, sensing my change in tone "Can I ask you something?" I asked "Of course Michael. You know you can ask me anything" He replied "I love Liberty more than I could ever imagine; I don't know where I would be without her" I began "And she deserves the best; everything is done perfectly. So, I'm asking for your permission to marry your daughter?"
As I waited for his response, my heart began beating faster and faster. "But promise me something first?" He asked "Anything" I replied "You always put Liberty first and treat her like she deserves. And if I found out that you-" I cut him off "I will never hurt her; I love her too much" He smiled and held out his hand "Then you have my permission" I shook his hand. then he pulled me into a hug. patting me back "Thank you so much. You have no idea for much this means to me" I said happily.
___________
John
I took a deep breath, trying to ease the butterflies in my stomach. haven't been this nervous since I asked her to be my girlfriend. I clicked on her parent's number and waited "Hello John" Priscilla's mother answered, "Where is our Priscilla?" "It's just me. Priscilla had to go to work early. I wanted to talk to you and Mr. Campbell" I said "Ok, I'll go get him. Should I warn him about anything?" She asked. I shook my head, hoping that was the right answer "Dear, John is on Skype. He wants to talk to us" I heard Sienna tell her husband "Hello John, what can we do for you?" He asked "Hello Sir" I paused "I wanted to keep with tradition, even though you are miles away, it didn't feel right, and I know Priscilla would appreciate this" Sienna smiled like she knew what I was going to say "I love Priscilla so much; I don't know what I would do without her; she is my everything" I looked at her father "I would love your permission to ask your daughter to marry me" Sienna covered her mouth with her hand, but I could see the excitement in her eyes. Louis on the other hand, was unreadable. After a moment he nodded "Yes, you can" He said "On one condition. You come to visit us soon, we miss both of you" "Absolutely. Thank you so much" I said, as Sienna picked up the laptop and walked out of the room "My baby is getting married" She squealed happily "I haven't asked her yet" I laughed "Don't worry; she loves you more than you know. She will say yes"
___________
Arthur
"I'll be back" I kissed Anita's cheek. I took a deep breath as I approached her father "Mr. Claxton?" I said "Arthur. Call me Sam" He laughed "Can I talk to you for a moment, in private?" I asked "The kitchen" He suggested and I followed him "What is it, Arthur? Is it Anita? Is it you? Are you in trouble?" He panicked "Anita is fine and no, I am not in trouble" I reassured him. He waited for me to continue. In the corner of my eye, I watched Anita playing with her little sister; calming my nerves immediately "I love your daughter with my whole heart. I would do anything for her; absolutely anything" I looked from Anita to her dad "I guess what I am trying to say is; I would love your permission to ask her to marry me" I said. He didn't respond. I opened my mouth to explain myself, but he spoke "Arthur, you see that smile" He looked at Anita who was smiling wide "That smile only appeared when you came along. Her brightest smile; you bring it out. So who I am to stand in the way? Yes, you have my permission" He smiled. I was shocked; I didn't expect it to go so well "Thank you. Thank you" I repeated "You're welcome Arthur" He patted my back and walked away. I stood there for a few moments, speechless. Suddenly, Lola comes running up to me, grabbing my hand "Arthur, come play with us" I smiled; everything was going to be perfect.