12 || Stay With Me

Depuis le début

In a tiny whisper, Mohana voiced her complaint "Tummy?" reporting on the queasy ruffle running amok on his intent of departure, assigning him the responsibility for what seemed beyond her control

"Is it hurting?" Omar checked with urgency, his large hand possessively moving under the lavish saree fabric to cover her abdomen

Her cheeks blazed at his powerful touch, the rush of extreme warmth infusing through her colder body had Mohana inhale a quivery breath. Embraced in his hold, her heart skipped a beat, then another.

"I thi.." Mohana tried, attempting to accept what she had always held close to herself, but her words halted, her eyes swooped close, body nearly flailed had it not been for his support.

His grip fastened on the dainty woman collapsing against his robust strength, securely melding her petite frame to himself, Omar cupped her angelic face rushing in concern "M'anam?"

"Don't worry, don't worry, I fainted too when I was pregnant, make her lie down" from the oncoming crowd a woman rushed towards the couple offering consolation whilst joining them, another woman considerably added "Ya first trimester, it is normal, your wife is really beautiful, it's all because of blood sugar, happened with me too"

His eyes darted to the interference, scanning the strangers that were interestingly looking at the unconscious Mohana whom he stood possessively engulfing in his embrace. Anxiously caressing the small of her back, Omar urgently whispered to the dainty woman in his captivation "Talk to me, mo stór"

Reading his expressions as that of surprise, the woman offered with a smile "Oh you didn't know she's expecting a baby. But it happens with newly weds all the time. Your wife must be planning to surprise you, but the belly only shows after three or four months and she's so slim"

"I know. The baby. I know. Yes. It's good.." Omar confidently claimed "..My sister recently gave birth too, so I will know how to manage this. I am taking her home, if you'll excuse us" he added, confirming to the few Sarrata employees curiously halting at foot of his truck

"Are you feeding her well? I used to feed my wife a lot of snacks. That won't ever make her dizzy" they heard a man provide from alongside, when another stranger chimed in "Maybe it's her saree, it must hurt her stomach", while someone else in the collecting group commented "We should call the doctor, what if she has anemia, she looks so pale and white"

Holding the fragile Mohana securely against his frame, wrapping her propreitorially in the circle of his arms, Omar declared to the group "I'll take care of her.."

"Not just her, now you have to be responsible for your wife and the baby as well" an older gentleman interrupted him when a woman wearing a large back pack, holding a child's hand, stepped closer "Do you need help? I have water"

"Appreciate it, but I have water in the truck" speaking to the woman, Omar politely dismissed the crowd "She'll be perfectly alright, I'll take care of her. and everything else"

Ignoring the run of murmurs and suggestions the small gathering had started to exchange within themselves, Omar hastily opened the vehicle passenger door. Under the watchful gaze of judgmental strangers he just as easily carried the unconscious Mohana in his arms, to settle her collapsed form carefully on the leather seat.

The women around Omar gushed deeming him a macho and caring husband, while some men were heard grunting on his carelessness for letting his wife faint in the first place. Catching other employees starting to halt by the group surrounding him, closing the hinged door, Omar protectively locked the truck securing the Sophista editor-in-chief inside.