Chapter One - Waking up in child-birth.

As soon as I woke up; I found myself inside a white room.

People wearing medical scrubs, masks, and head cover surrounds me in the bed. 

My head throb, feeling an aching pain. 

I feel baffled why I'm here, and I can't seem to remember anything.

I roam my eyes around the room. I saw a machine beside me, showing a graph pointing up and down, making loud beeping sounds to my ears.

Is this perhaps a hospital?

"Ma'am, one more push," said the nurse, standing beside me as she wiped the sweat building up on my forehead.

I would have thanked the nurse, but what she said left me confused. My brows knitted together. "What do you mean?"

"One more push, and the head will finally come out," the nurse stated, still wiping the sweats all over my face.

Instead of being enlightened; the nurse's answer left me more puzzled. 

At that, my head throbbed in pain again as a memory came to my mind. The scene where a speeding car hit my body played in my head like a movie. 

Now that I remember it, I got myself into an accident because I was heavily drunk, and I drowned myself in alcohol because I was heartbroken; I still am heartbroken though.

Recalling that accident; I instantly calmed down; it turns out that I was just in the middle of an operation.

It explains why I'm here, surrounded with a bunch of nurses and doctors.

"Just one more push, ma'am. The child's head is slowly coming out," the nurse said again.

Immediately, my calm heart accelerated.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The machine beside me echoed what my heart was feeling inside the room.

"What do you mean 'just one more push'? What's happening here?" I asked even more confused, roaming my eyes around them.

"Ma'am, you're having a child-birth. Just give it one more push, so the child's head can finally come out," the nurse explained briefly, wiping the sweat off my forehead.

Child-birth? 

My eyes widened in utter shock. 

"But I'm gay?!" I muttered, a little loud in a puzzled voice.

"Doctor, the patient seems to be in a state of confusion," the nurse reported to the doctor, who was standing in front of my bed.

"Ma'am, do you remember your name?" The doctor asked.

"Asherah…?" I replied, not confident. After all, the whole child-birth situation in front of me is too bizarre. 

The doctor nodded. "That's correct, and Miss Asherah, you're in the middle of a child-birth. Perhaps the pressure and the stress is affecting you, but Miss Asherah needs to do her best at the current time. Otherwise, both you and the child might end up in a risky situation," the doctor explained calmly.

Hearing the doctor confirmed my child-birth situation; that's when I felt it; I felt that my lower private part was stretched out, making me feel a tingling and burning sensation from my lower body. 

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!" 

I screamed, reverberating in every corner inside the room. For the first time in my life; I experienced the painful process of childbirth.