𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

cheers to 2k readssss! oh and writer's block is a bitch!

043| 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒖𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔

~K O M I S O L A~

How do you escape a situation you don't want to be in?

Feign an illness?

Feign a bigger illness than what you thought of?

Give a potential excuse as to why you could not be in that situation?

I thought all of these ideas with no realistic chance of possibility. Then, coming to a final dead end, I sighed out loud, enough for Hanniel standing next to me to hear.

"I know you don't want to be here," he said, looking right down at me when I met his gaze.

I tried hard not to roll my eyes. "Wow, you're really accurate."

Instead, Hanniel was the one who rolled his eyes. "You can be a killjoy sometimes, Komi."

"At least I don't murder people's names by pronunciation," I retorted.

This half-caste boy pronouncing my name sometimes made me think more about life. It sounded so bad.

"To think you are actually Nigerian..." I continued.

"I am also Australian," Hanniel defended himself. At that point, I had to roll my eyes too. "And I have lived in Australia all my life. This is probably my second consecutive year spent in this country."

"None of my business," I responded with a shrug. "You are still Nigerian, a Yoruba to be precise because the last time I checked, your mother is a full Yoruba."

Before I could blink, in less than a second, Hanniel had appeared right in front of me, eyes glaring sharply at mine. "Sometimes you really act nonchalant, really."

What on earth did I do?

And where did the sudden mood swing come from?

"Are you okay, bruv?"

I noticed his shoulders slump. "I... yes, I am."

Something was off about this half caste at the moment. It was hard to figure out because unlike Ameenah, he'd been very cheerful in the bus and this instant change in mood was just strange. Either ways, I wouldn't sweat it.

"Okay," I nodded and walked ahead of him. "If something is bothering you, you can always tell me."

Even I had to pause after blurting that out.

When last did I say that? Words of assurance to a friend.

"It's definitely a shocker to hear my cold friend say that."

"Thank you for rubbing off on me," I replied, my voice laced with heavy sarcasm.

~

~H A N N I E L~

Did I have a problem? Yes.

Did I know what the problem was? No.

Did I want to know? Maybe.

I was this close to passing out again, and the last time this had happened was in the basketball court back in CH. I had no idea what caused my fainting, nor did I try to find out.