𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

•THAT ACCENT, AND TWENTY-ONE WORDS

~H A N N I E L~

I walked closer and began hearing strangled sounds. Like sobs. Sniffs.

I was getting soaked by each second and I didn't mind. Not when I felt like I was getting close to finding out something about her.

It was just two of us, out under the rain while classes were ongoing, under dark skies, an already heavy rain, grey clouds and a cold atmosphere.

I had reached her. I was about to open my mouth and talk but she just had to be aware of my presence, turn around and glare at me with lifeless eyes. I took a step back unconsciously.

"What are you doing here?" I didn't know if it was the question but I actually noticed her accent for the first time.

It wasn't an accent which belonged to a certain group of persons or something... It wasn't a recognized accent.

It sounded like she owned it.

I probably sounded like I was saying rubbish but that was the truth. It was slow, careful and almost sounding like she calculated her words before speaking.

It did things to my head.

Things that I didn't expect.

Like making me smile while she was still glaring at me.

"Do I know you?"

My idiot self was still smiling.

"That's even impossible," she muttered to herself, the glare in her eyes immediately replaced with a distant look.

"Everything impossible is always possible," I found myself countering, still with that stupid smile on my face. "Just like now, I never thought you'd say 21 words to me in one day."

She appeared to be shocked, "What the..." she trailed off and looked away. I watched her as she stretched a hand out in the rain. It seemed to have calmed down.

"What's your name?" She asked without looking at me. That made my smile grow even wider, blowing into a full grin. She was curious enough to want to know my name.

Baby steps.

"You don't remember?" I teased.

"If I did... I wouldn't be asking." She finally turned to me. That brought me back to the way she savaged me in the Leisure Room and I brought a hand to my chest, nodding in acceptance.

"Hanniel," I said to her.

"Okay." She answered and began to walk back into the main building, the large one that had a huge CH embroidery on its roof. Even larger than the one you'd see on the school gate. Besides the main building, there were two other buildings each respectively by its left and right.

"Hey, wait for me!" I called out to her but she continued walking on, just ignored me and didn't bother to turn around once. "You haven't told me your name!" I added, still running after her.

"What do you want?" She asked as soon as we got back into the main building. Her voice colder than usual.

The look in her eyes scared me, even confusing me when she moved back from me as a result of me being at her front.

She turned around and began to walk down the hallway but I quickly grabbed ahold of her hand. Which I regretted because she was quick to swat my hand away. No, slap it away. Like, I had offended her in our past lives or something.