𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞.

*in SpongeBob* 11 DAYS LATER
me after realizing we're just one chapter away from Chapter 40. no cause i haven't ever come this far with a book.😭❤️ A perfect jubilee to all Redeemites :)

039| Secret, Secret... ft. Paramedics.

~H A N N I E L~

The seminar had finally ended, after what seemed to be like an eternity in purgatory. Which actually sucks.

As we all stood up, the Economics teacher raised a hand to stop us from leaving the Hall. Beside me, Ameenah hissed in anger, snarkily muttering some profanities under her breath while Komisola just held her novel to herself. I noticed Ibrahim glancing at her every now and then, either with a curious look or smile on his face.

"Principal Matthews is coming to address all of you," the Economics teacher informed. "Please be on your best behavior, just like the way you were when I was teaching you. SS3 will also be joining you in few minutes."

With that he stepped down from the podium and left the Hall.

I don't think I can ever get used to the SS1-3 education system ranking over here.

Soon the SS3 students entered, following behind Principal Matthews and it was hard not to notice how they looked like disciplined students. These were the same students that I had seen breaking rules. They changed their uniforms one way or the other. The females made their skirts shorter and the males who dyed their hair, wore earrings and everything...

Where did all the changes suddenly disappear to? This was impossible, to be very honest.

"Ooh, good to see Principal Matthews definitely has that effect on all classes." Ameenah remarked beside me, and when I looked at her, she was smirking smugly at our seniors. "Thank God they have other uniforms, lmao."

The SS3 students took their seats quietly and meekly.

The Principal arrived at the podium, with the prefects of the school standing on either of his sides. We all stood up to acknowledge him and he gestured for us to sit down and began conveying his speech.

"As you all know, you only have a few days left till the International Jacqueline Hennessey conference..."

The authority this man commanded with every said action of his. It amazed me.

"Only a few students in SS2 will be accompanying to make sure we have enough members in each Sports team. Selected students will receive a letter requesting for permission which you are to give to your parents. You are to come back with their approved signatures which must not be forged no matter what. We shall also make calls to your parents-"

"Wow, I'm getting the chills. This is so going to be exciting." I heard someone whisper, loud shivering following. The voice sounded vaguely accustomed to my ears.

"Shut up Dabirah," Ameenah chided suddenly and my eyebrows shot up. Dabirah was here?

Well, of course she was.

I leaned back and saw her sitting next to Ameenah, followed by Hassan. Well for two people who always made their presence known, especially Dabirah, they were being extremely quiet.

I'd forgotten how talkative Dabirah was.

"...the conference isn't for play. No, it's not." I channeled all my concentration back to what the Principal was saying. "We should emerge as the best among four schools, making CH as an academic institution very proud. Asides from that," the Principal paused.