𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

020| 𝐈𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 & 𝐀 𝐊-𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

~K O M I S O L A~

When I got home, neither Father nor Mother were at home. In a neutral mood I walked up the stairs to my room and was surprised by what I saw.

A new phone packet was on the bed waiting there for me.

What the fuck is going on here?

I took a few steps closer till I was right at the front of bed and tripping over it. I was falling on the phone packet which hit my stomach hard and I groaned out in pain.

I rolled over to the right side of the bed and examined the phone packet for a moment. It was white in color and had the popular Samsung brand logo written in black on it. Slowly, I reached for it and sat up.

I repeat, what the fuck is going on here?

A small yellow note was plastered on the upper corner of the white packet and it read: 'From your mother. Don't let your father know about or see the phone.'

Mother?

Mother bought a new phone for me?

Why?

I opened the phone packet and staring right back at me was a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3.

For the third time, what the fuck is going on here?

Mother bought me a new phone?

And she apologized?

Why?

~H A N N I E L~

8:03 PM.

The day went by pretty fast and before I knew it, it was already night. I informed Mum about the party and tried my best to avoid any conversation with Dad.

I'd never seen any couple who'd become even closer after divorcing.

"My friends are waiting outside for me," I told Mum and ran to the door. I wasn't lying.

Hassan had come to pick me up even when I told him I had my own car. Apparently Ameenah wanted to drive with me.

Note to self: don't forget to tease her.

"Okay, hun. Get back before eleven o'clock okay?! Else your Dad will come to pick you up!"

I had written down the address of Dabirah's house after she had texted it to me and gave it to Mum. I wonder what Dad was doing with it.

I stared at him as he examined the address. He dropped the paper on the table and looked up at me, "11:30."

I smiled in appreciation, "Thank you guys!"

I left and as soon as I closed the door, a grinning Ameenah, a smirking Hassan and a seductively eyed Dabirah were in the car— a Mercedes Benz.

I entered the car and sat next to Ameenah. Dabirah was in the passenger seat beside Hassan.

"So you're the one who wanted to drive with me, uh?" I teased Ameenah immediately, fulfilling as I noted to myself.

A furious blush crept up her cheeks as she looked away and glared at Hassan, a look of betrayal on her face. "You told him?!"

And then, no one expected it. Maybe Hassan did.

But judging the loud cry of pain- nah, he didn't.

Ameenah had smacked his head, literally raised her hand up high to let it descend on Hassan's head. Hard.

"Jesus." Dabirah flinched in surprise. "Be calming down, do you want his head to swell up?"

I couldn't help it. I burst into laughter at the sight of Hassan who looked like he could cry any time soon.

He whipped his head to face me and gave me a confirmed death glare. "Sorry man." I told him in between laughter.

His expression was priceless!

I couldn't help it.

"Shut up before I smack you too," Ameenah warned me and that was what I needed to shut up.

Hassan then dragged a long hiss, one that was worse than Dabirah's usual hiss.

This one almost sounded demonic. Almost.

How did they make this sound because honestly, I can't?

It was then I noticed what he was wearing. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a vintage jacket on a white t-shirt and a silver pendant dangled on his broad chest. Ameenah was wearing a white high neck, which was long sleeved, a white mini skirt and a white crop fashion blazer suit and a pink head scarf.

Dabirah was dressed in a blouse with mutton sleeves and a black corset over it and a black fitted skirt that stopped above her thighs. Just as short as Ameenah.

And I...?

Let's not get started on it.

"I'll be changing to my white Permission To Dance hoodie later and my black joggers. Ameenah, you're changing too, right?"

She didn't wait for her reply and I noticed Dabirah setting her phone at her front, ready to record... a TikTok video? The music and dance moves that followed after proved me right.

"I don't know. Probably sha."

The rest of the ride was silent after Dabirah had nodded in reply.

Once we drove out of Ethereal Estate, we arrived at somewhere Ameenah had described as Lekki and entered into Dabirah's mansion.

"Just so you know, the party already started. We just came to pick you up."

"It's like Hassan is angry at me," my attention was directed to a quiet Hassan who had walked off into the house on his own. "Hassan! Boo! Sweetheart! Love of my life! Babe, naw! Oya, sorry for smacking your head like that! Sorry now!" Ameenah was quick to run after him.

"Those two ehn," Dabirah muttered and we both followed.

I observed the fact that Dabirah had refused to make eye contact with me since I had gotten into the car with them.

But, who cared?

~
all these children, i repeat, all these children...
when Dabirah said Permission To Dance I felt my heart do gbim gbim.
God when? anyway, Ameenah the mighty girl😂
anyway, bye luvsss <333