𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨.

been a while? yes, definitely😭 but i'm back now though :) sorry, this chapter is a little bit rough.
btw, i realized i didn't add something to Ameenah's aesthetic moodboard, goodluck finding it out in this chapter :)

~K O M I S O L A~

The whole student body present in the bus got pumped up just by the announcement of Truth or Dare.

They were about to commence too, but, that was until Dabirah deprived the atmosphere of its liveliness.

"Y'all should find a way to keep quiet for goodness' sake. This is a bus trip not a class event."

In silence, I watched the scene at my front, waiting to see how my already pumped up classmates would react to Dabirah killing the energy they were feeling.

"Dabi..." someone started, but a hand raised up to interrupt the person. That hand was Ameenah's.

"Don't contradict her words. Not everyone is a fan of Truth or Dare. Please, just shut your mouth till we get to Abuja."

"Sorry oh, madam fencer." That was Yusrah who commented, eyeing Ameenah before sitting back on her seat.

The disdainful reply Yusrah received was heavy enough to make one think about his or her life for days.

"Sorry for your generations."

My eyes widened, mouth hanging open in shock. No one expected that harsh comment from Ameenah of all people.

Tiamiyu stepped in before any one could say anything. "Biko, I'm sorry for whatever is wrong with you right now. Don't insult my girlfriend."

"You and your girlfriend are lacking in all aspects of common sense, I can see," Dabirah said, glaring at Tiamiyu and Yusrah straight in the eyes.

"What the fuck...?" someone muttered. The air was suddenly solemn, awkward silence louder than words anyone could utter right now.

"Y'all, it's okay. I can sense an argument coming up. Sit down everyone." Ibrahim tried settling the situation. One thing I noticed about him was the peacemaker aura he subtly gave off. He was the type of person that hated engaging or intruding in heated arguments or conversations, but if necessary he would join in and make things right.

"Somebody with common sense is telling you, please listen to him," Dabirah added, smiling in a sickly, sweet manner.

"It's okay Dabi, just leave them alone."

Tiamiyu let out a loud hiss and held his girlfriend, dragging her back to their seats.

"I wonder what's wrong with the best friends today. Ameenah is never this rude," beside me, Hanniel commented.

"She's your best friend too, right?" I reminded him. "Then ask her. Don't rant about Ameenah to me at all."

I looked away, feeling annoyed at Hanniel for no reason. He knew I and Ameenah were nothing close to friends. Yet, he always managed to sneak her into our conversations each time.

I felt his gaze on me, sharp and intense. Then, from the corner of my eye, I saw him open a bottle and slowly start drinking from it. The only disturbing thing was that, the liquid he was drinking was coffee brown in color.

"What are you drinking?" I asked him.

Hanniel shrugged, "coffee, I always drink it every morning."

Coffee?

"You know it's unhealthy, right?"

"What?" Hanniel looked at me, a confused expression on his face. "Coffee?"