𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

008| STUPID, FUCKED UP EMOTIONS

~K O M I S O L A~

The day was over.

I probably should become a boarder because I was avoiding home so badly.

I put on my nose mask and covered my head with my hoodie.

Father should have sent the driver by now.

He should have.

Why hadn't he?

"Komisola!"

Someone yelled, shouted my name with so much enthusiasm that curiosity was actually pulled out of me.

I turned around, wanting to see who had just yelled my name.

But it had happened so fast.

I had no idea what a stone was doing on the ground. I was so deep in thought that I had passed over it while walking.

But definitely not when I turned around.

I lost my balance and began falling forward, the wind doing nothing to support me and I blamed my misfortune instantly on these clouds.

But then, someone caught me.

He caught me.

Stopped me from falling flat on my face.

And the infamous grin he always had on his face was replaced with a look of concern.

"Are you okay?"

He asked, still holding my arms.

We were so close to each other.

So close.

His breath was hot on my face, fanning across it and I was sure mine was doing the same.

His hazel eyes gazed into mine, exposing every detail of me.

I felt like a microorganism under a microscope.

I didn't know what to feel...

Until the familiar paranoia shot through me again. As soon as I realized he was holding me.

He was holding me.

Studying me.

Looking at me.

Our faces just inches apart.

I moved back. Literally, jumped.

Snatched myself from his hold.

I almost forgot how to breathe.

My chest tightened. The air was getting hot even though the weather was cold. My head was heavy. My heart was pounding through my tight chest.

And I felt like crying.

Because the memories were coming back.

How my brother used to hold me, force me to do things I didn't want to do, how he'd touch me in all parts of my body...

"Komi, are you okay?"

Hanniel asked again, shook me like I was a lifeless body and oxygen got knocked out of me.

I forgot how to breathe.

I did.

I opened my mouth, desperately sucking for air and brought my hand to my chest.

It was so painful.

I fell to my knees, feeling bile rise up my throat. At the same time, hot tears spilling out from the corners of my eyes.