"I know you don't understand me, but this is amazing to me." You laughed, writing your idea down on your clipboard.

"If I had known you would be this genuinely happy about me speaking, I would have done it sooner." He spoke in a complete clear sentence, making your mouth drop and the pen in your hand.

"Y..you can understand me and speak my language perfectly," You gasped, "How?"

"I've been listening to every conversation in this place." He explained, making you look at his pointed ears, "For the past week, I've been listening and learning your language. Telling the difference between the people with their voices."

You don't want to believe it, but you don't know what he is, so it's possible that his hearing range is beyond what you could comprehend. You were still trying to wrap your head around it.

"That is really amazing." You grinned, glancing at the chains around him, "If I let you go, are you going to try to bite me again?"

"That was only because you stabbed me for my blood." He sighed, "I won't though."

Moving to him, you unlocked his cuffs. Watching as he rubbed his wrists. He ever stood to stretch, which is when you realized he was a bit taller than you. He was at least seven feet tall.

"What are you?" You asked, looking away when you realized you were staring at him.

"The natives refer to me as their deity or their god." He answered, making you nod as you wrote that down.

_ 2 Months later_

Humming to your music, you nodded to the guards as you went in. Now that most of the building has been told about Aspen, the guards have been armed more to prevent others besides you or your boss to enter. Aspen almost immediately perked up when he saw you. A knowing grin on his face, making you raise an eyebrow at him.

"You act like you know something." You scoffed, giving him the food, you made as he held one arm out for you to go over his vitals.

It's part of your daily routine. He eats while you check him. Then you do the tests. Some of them surprised you, such as his hearing, strength, speed, and his ability to fly. Though, he is a deity, so you shouldn't be surprised.

"Only your beautiful singing voice." He smirked, making your face burn, "Why you're embarrassed about it, I'll never know." 

"I'm not that good." You coughed, hoping to find a way to change the topic.

"(Y/N), if you're voice can charm a god such as myself, what do you think it would do to these mortals." He announced while flexing, making you roll your eyes.

You already know he likes to show off. He has a habit of teasing you as well. It is more for fun than anything though. He hasn't tried flirting with you. Not that you can tell anyway.

"Yeah, sure." You shook your head, while pulling his arm so he bent down, "Hold still so I get your temperature."

He only smiled at you and watched you with his black and yellow eyes. When everything came back normal, you let him go.

"So what tests are we doing today?" He asked making you frown.

"Well, the thing is, you're done." You explained, not looking at him, "There are no more tests."

He was quiet, but you knew what he was thinking, "Then, are they going to let me go? Will they let me go home?"

Swallowing the lump in your throat, you glanced at him. He almost looked like he was pleading for you to tell him. You can't blame him. He's told you how much he missed his home. He told you of all his favorite places, which sounds like heaven to you. His temple in the village and the festivals held for him. You want him to go back to those, but at the same time you don't. You've grown attached to him as much as you tried not to. Feeling him grab your hand, you knew you couldn't lie to him.