"Where've you been, Pax?" the deep voice spat out my name in disgust. "Kian has us looking everywhere for you." It was Finn, Kian's second-in-command. His voice held some raspiness, whilst he smelled strongly of nicotine.

Good to know I was missed.

"I don't know." I groaned as Finn's hold on my arm tightened. "You tell me."

I was then kicked behind my right knee. My leg collapsed beneath me; my arm cracked. It wasn't broken, just pulled in a position that it wasn't used to. I could recognise the sound of a broken bone.

"Whatever," Finn said after a while of silence. "I'm here to take you back, get up."

I bit my lip to stop myself from retorting and tried to stand. "It's a bit difficult when you're holding onto me like this." Finn let go of my arm after another push on my back. I was free to stand and to breathe. I turned around and raised my eyebrow at him. "Lead the way."

"I am," Finn's voice called from a few feet in front of me.

I huffed and started to follow the remains of his voice. I trusted that he would do anything to make me walk face first into yet another tree, I may as well accept it.

I was about ten minutes away from the house when Finn found me. It was ten minutes of Finn insulting me. Whether he knew I could hear, I was unsure.

"And the pup's back," Kian's voice came from directly in front of me. "You seem very keen to make yourself go missing." Venom dripped from his words. He wasn't wrong so to say, though I'd much rather be found than go missing. "You're going on patrol tonight."

"What?" Finn's voice was loud in my ear; I winced slightly and reached up, rubbing my head in an attempt to rid myself of the pain. "We'll finally be rid of him?"

"You hope," I mumbled under my breath. Nobody argued with me. I could imagine them doing some sort of secret communication, knowing I wouldn't be able to see their actions.

"It's about time he learns how the world works," Kian's voice started to get quieter and quieter. "He can't be blind to the world forever."

Finn barked a laugh at Kian's wording, the loud noise making me flinch again. "Can't do much about that, can we?" Finn's voice was strange, he was grinning.

I shook my head and barged past him, slipping past Kian, and heading towards my room. My room was the attic, the best room in the entire house. It was spacious and nobody disturbed me. I had gotten used to the space and knew where everything was, down to the last sock. I didn't care much for colour or decoration, the only thing I cared about was a comfortable mattress, a place to put my things, and a blanket which I could curl up under.

I was in my room for around an hour and a half, judging by the sun which came shining through my window. The noises which originated from outside were starting to get louder, the shouts of frustration making me flinch every time I wasn't anticipating them.

Their training had gone on for long enough, the kitchen should be empty. I crept down the stairs and along the hall, towards another set of stairs. Everybody but me attended training. I was useless in any sort of battle, so I wasn't forced to go. When I was a few years younger, I would open my window and practice by myself. Now, I know everything they did down to the minute. This house liked to work on an extremely strict schedule.

The kitchen was empty, as I suspected. I immediately reached for the second cabinet on the right and to the top shelf. A plastic box met my hand, and I smiled in excitement. The box contained a myriad of cereal, nuts, and dried berries. I reached down to the cupboard below the previous one and grabbed a bowl. Spoons in the top drawer and the milk was always in a jug on the door of the fridge.

My meal was quick, but I enjoyed every single moment of it. I was tempted to make myself some tea, but I noticed that there was a pile of dishes to be done. I bit my lip and sighed. It was Finn's turn to do the dishes, I was certain of it. Cedar had done them the day before and Rosary the day before that. It was usually a chore which was scheduled at the beginning of the month. I sighed before turning the tap on, putting the dishes to the side and waiting for the water to get warm enough. It wouldn't hurt to do the dishes this once.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked down the path that I knew all too well. This time I was cautious with every step. I did not want to stray off this path once more. I didn't want to get lost. My hand was out to my left, brushing past trees.

I knew why Kian was doing this. Kian wanted to make a fool of me. The other members of the household would be more than happy to watch me squirm like a bait on the end of a fishing line. Kian thought I wouldn't be able to do this simple task on my own. He was probably right.

The sweet yet annoying sound of birdsong had ceased a few hours ago. The air was cold, but bearable. I could breathe clearly; the smell of the forest filled my nose; making a shiver run down my spine. It was fresh and nostalgic. It reminded me of my childhood.

I'd walk along the path and then back. It was a simple task. My shoulders were tense as I walked along the familiar path.

I would usually bring a long stick of some sort to help me in unfamiliar places, but this wasn't unfamiliar. If I were to use that stick, then I'd be admitting defeat. I would be admitting to myself and to those who I've lived with that I was useless and couldn't do a task without relying on something to help me.

"Hello," a voice said from a few feet in front of me. I stopped in my tracks, and my breathing hitched. The voice was masculine, but it wasn't one which I recognised. I hadn't noticed footsteps approaching me. I breathed in through my nose. The air smelled like mint, coffee and some sort of fragrance which I couldn't put my finger on. "What's a person like you doing in the woods?"

I tilted my head slightly, feigning confusion. "A person like me?" I knew exactly what he meant but I wanted to hear him say it. "What makes me any different to you?" I crossed my arms, my ears trying to pick up any of his movements.

"I'm here for a walk," the man said simply. "It's quite late for someone to be out by themselves." His voice had gotten closer.

"You are," I retorted. I was trying to stay as still as I could. "You're on private property."

The man took his time to respond. "There's no notice to say that I can't be here."

I flinched; I didn't know if there was a sign. There should be one, to keep the public out.

"I come here often; how come I haven't been stopped before?" he asked.

That was an excellent question. My heart was loud in my ears. I was sure I hadn't gone off course.

"I'm not usually the one on this path. Who are you?" The question slipped from my lips before I could stop them. I stumbled over the lie, I wasn't sure if he noticed.

"My name's Farley." His voice was extremely close; I could feel the warmth of his breath against my skin. I stepped back. "Nice to meet you."

QUESTION OF THE DAY! -this is new :D- 
Do you guys have a nature-y place you can visit?

I don't :c but it would be awesome if I did!