Chapter 60__The biggest plan

Yanis stood up when that person won't stop ringing his door bell early in the morning. He checked the intercom video and saw a face that us kind of familiar.
He opened the door sleepily.
"Hello, who are you?",  he asked her.
The woman walked past him and walked into the house.
" Long time no see, Yanis. You miss me?", She asked.
"Pardon me. Who are you?",  He asked the woman dresses in a red tight strapless gown.
" You don't even recognize your first love again", she said.
"Stella?",  he asked.
" I met your mum and she directed me here. She wanted our family to form a marriage alliance. We are not strangers and we know each other well. Let's get along well okay ", The Stella woman said.
Yanis scoffed.
" What marriage alliance? Even if I want to get married, why would it be you? Have you ever seen anyone swallowing their vomit? I will never use something I've dumped again", he said.
Stella fave darken.
She couldn't believe Yanis won't even give her any face at all. Vomit? Dump?
"I'm stella. I was your girl friend",  She said.
" And we broke up", Yanis told her.
"I don't know what my mom told you but I have a girl friend. She is pretty and I'm dating her with marriage in mind",  Yanis said.
" Is she qualified? I mean is her family background stronger than mine? Your mum has spoken to my parents Yanis. We are going to get married whether you like it or not", Stella said. She took her bag and walked out of the condo.
Yanis was annoyed.
He can't believe his mother is still not giving up. She is bent on setting up a marriage for him. His phone rang. He answered the call.
"Mum...."
"Did you see Stella? Don't you think she is pretty. I heard you know each other. I've talked to her parents. Let's eat dinner with then this Sunday", his mother said over the phone.
Yanis clenched his fists.
" Mom, what are you doing?", He asked.
"I'm looking for an ideal partner for you. Don't you think I deserve a well-done?", She asked him.
Yanis closed his eyes.
" Mom, stop doing this. You know I already have a girl friend right? I...."
"Yanis, I'm doing all this for you.That's one you found....",  She paused.
" She can only be a plaything. You can't marry her. She is not worthy of our Quinns family. I will never accept her"
Yanis scoffed.
"Mom, you're talking as if you ate the one getting married. Mom, I'm the one getting married and I plan to marry a woman of my choice. You can't decide for me in this matter.  Also tell that woman not to look for me again or she will have it from me"
And he hung up.

*****

On the other hand Mrs Quinn laughed.
Then she threw the mug on the coffee table down.
"How dare that brat. After All I did to raise him. How can he do this for me. How can he choose a  hoe over his own mum? How can he be so unfilial. What have I done to deserve such a treatment from my own son."
A light flickered in her eyes.
"No matter what,  I can't let that girl stay. I will never let my son love another woman. He can only love me. I'm his mother so I should have absolute control over him. I would do anything in my power to separate him and that girl.
I have to this for the biggest plan. Nothing can come in my way. Nothing at all!"
Her ears look fierce an ambitious!

*****

Mia got down the stairs with Chris.
"Mia, you're finally done with your shoot. You are going to be less busy right? You should accompany me a lot. We can go shopping tomorrow",  Reina told her. She turned to Rosa. " You will come with us?", She asked.
Rosa shook her head
"I will pass. If I need to really go shopping,  I will rather go with sis alone",  Rosa said.
Reina rolled her eyes.
" You're going somewhere with Dawn? ", Reina sigh and turn to Mia expectingly.
"You will go with me right?" Reina didn't want yo be turned down again.
"I'm sorry mum but Mia and I just started going out and I hope to take her on a date tomorrow. You won't stand in my way will you?",  Zenith asked.
Everyone in the room at different reactions the moment Zenith said that.
Rosa: ( Widen her eyes) What? Sis, you are going out with bro?
Zach: (took a sip of water) You are a true Baxtar Zenith. You really manage to date Mia. That's good
Comfort: (Drops her chop sticks in excitement) Does this mean we can hold a wedding now? I need to buy a dress.
Reina: (blinked several time) You're dating Mia? You should go on your date then. Mum won't stand in your way
Frank:You just go on your date. (Grins and hold Reina's hand) I will accompany my own wife
Chris: Continue eating his breakfast) Yummy!
Mia: (feeling shy and hold Zenith sleeves) What are you doing Zen? Let me go out with mum. We will go on our date some other time.
Comfort cuts in then.
" Aiyaa, Just go on a date with Zenith. You guys should get married in time and give me so many  great grand children. I want a girl this time around"
Mia felt shy.
Zenith smiled. He found her cute.

*****

Zenith was very happy as they walked from the school park to Chris class holding Chris.
"Don't you think the three of us looked like a family. Let's get married. It will be good if we got married before Chris birthday",  Zenith told her.
Mia smiled.
" We will see. I.. I will visit grandma soon and tell her about my intention to get married. I will marry you if my grandma likes you", Mia said.
Zenith paused.
"Does that mean you approved me?",  he asked her.
" Let's go. Chris will be late", Mia said and walked off with Chris leaving the excited Zenith on the spot.

***

They had just gotten out of Chris school when Mia's phone rang.
Zenith saw the caller ID.
It reads Adam.
Mia picked the call.
"Hello Adam",  She said with a smile.
" I'm fine..... Today?....... Okay! See you later then.... Send the address to me.... Okay.... Later "
Zenith cleared his throat after she dropped the call.
"Who is that?",  He asked her
" A friend ", Mia replied.
Zenith bit his inner lips.
" I didn't know you have male friends", he stated.
"Now you know",  Mia responded.
Zenith bit his inner lips.
'How can she answer me so casually?'
" You are meeting him later?", He probed.
"Yes",  Mia replied
Zenith couldn't believe her cluelessness.
This is her boyfriend asking for a explanation from her.
"I don't really want you to meet with guys",  Zenith finally let it out.
" Why? Adam is a long time friend. He is even my first love", Mia said.
Zenith pull the car to a halt.

🖊🖋🖊🖋🖋🖋🖊🖊🖊
😅😀😃

Who can guess what Zenith next reaction will be?

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye