Chapter 53__So domineering

Mia blushed when she heard Zenith. She dragged him to a corner.
"When are you leaving?",  She asked.
Zenith looked down at her.
" Why? You don't want me to leave?", he asked.
Mia was about to say something when he cuts in again.
"No need to say. I know you want me to stay. I will stay since you don't want me to leave. I will obey you from now on Mia", 
She was speechless.
" We are still going to film for a few days", she told him.
"Don't worry. I will stay with you and work from here",  he told her.
" I..."
"Say no more",  Zenith said and place a finger on her lips.
Mia kept quiet. She wondered why she is so happy to see him.

****

Zenith booked a room in the resort the crew and cast cast are staying. After the shoot, he took Mia to a famous restaurant around the resort.
" Let's eat out", he told her.
"Why? There is a restaurant here in the resort",  Mia told him.
" I don't want to eat with people around ", he told her.
" You can have it ordered to your room", She is really clueless.
"I want to eat with you,  Mia", Zenith was almost annoyed by her tactlessness.
" You can take it as a date", he told her.
"Date? Aren't you still pursuing me?",  She asked and blushed after she said.
" We need to get to know each other, Miss Quinn", he said and smiled.
"Do I need a change of dress then?",  She asked.
Zenith shook his head.
"No need. You're already looking good to me",  he told her.

***

After the meal, they stroll around.
" The country side had the freshest air indeed", she said.
"I agree with you",  Zenith replied.
" If I had knew this place isn't entirely far, we wouldn't have taken the car", Mia said.
"Hmm",  Zenith hummed then stop.
" Mia, what is your opinion about me?",
Mia isn't expecting such a question.
She didn't know what to say.
"Do you think I'm handsome?",  He asked her.
" You are good looking", Mia replied.
"Do you think I am too old?",  he asked again.
Mia wondered why he is asking such question but she still answered anyway.
" No"
"Then Am I your style? Do you like my kind of men",  Only him know how anxious he is as he asked this question.
Mia was silent for a while.
And then the response came.
" I don't know the style I like", She replied. "But I think I will line someone for who that person is",  She added.
Zenith took in a deep breath and asked.
" Then do you have someone you like?", He asked her.
"I've liked a guy when I was in high school",  She replied and Zenith expression darken.
"But right now, I don't like him anymore. I just lost interest in him"
When he heard this, his expression got better.
"Really? You really don't like your high school crush anymore?",  He asked again.
Mia knew he would have ran a background check on her.
" Yes. I don't "
Zenith mood got better.
"Then that mean you will be able to accept someone else in your heart. Mia, I will treat you well, okay.  You have to start thinking about me.  You need to start liking me too. After all, we will be getting married soon",  Zenith said.
Mia rolled her eyes.
" It's getting late, let's go back", She told him.
Chris birthday is in two months. She knew she  had to make a decision before then. Mia feel relaxed around Zenith but she couldn't really tell what she felt for him.

***

That morning,  another unexpected guest visited the location for filming.
She was carrying two lunch boxes with her.
"Scarlett?", Mia noticed her first.
Scarlett smiled and walked towards her.
" Mia, I came to visit you on set today. I even brought food for you", She said as she passed a lunch box to her.
Mia watched her friend lie through her teeth but didn't expose her.
Zander had probably noticed her and walked to them.
"So you're only here to see your friend?",  he asked.
" Are you jealous right now?", Scarlett asked him.
Zander was speechless. Scarlett always complained about how rationalize he is. She always wants him to be jealous.
"Hmm. I'm jealous",  He replied.
Scarlett smiled.
" C'mon Darling. Don't be jealous ", She told him acting coyly.
Mia couldn't bear to watch. She was about to excuse herself when she heard a voice.
" Babe, don't be a third wheel in someone's else relationship", And he drew her in into his arms.
Mia blushed. She had not even agreed to date him yet and he's already acting like her boyfriend. He's so shameless.
Zenith turn to Scarlett.
"Hello, my son's godmother and my Mia's friend",  Zenith greeted.
Scarlett bowed.
" Hello, Mr Baxtar", Scarlett greeted. She had many questions to ask Mia later. It seems they need to have a good talk.
Zenith smiled and turn to Zander.
"Director, can you please wrapped up the shoot earlier today? I want yo go on a date with my woman here",He glanced at Scarlett and back at Zander. " It seems your girlfriend is around too"
Zander felt that Zenith isn't really asking him for permission. It's like he will not take anything apart from okay.
Such a domineering man.
He nodded anyway.
"Alright, Mr Baxtar. We don't really gave much scenes to choose today",  He said.
Zenith gave a smile then turn to Mia.
" I will be attending a video conference later then I will attend to some things. After that I will pick you up. You should be fine by then"
Mia nodded.
She doesn't really get why he is taking his time to explain things to her. She also needs to give him an earful later. She felt as if she us already dating him. So domineering. Hmph!

🖊🖋🖋🖊🖊🖋
Are you enjoying Mia and Zenith love story?

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye